So Many Lira, So Little Time
- Confidential. // Automotive News Europe;06/04/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p11
Presents updates on the automobile industry in Europe as of June 4, 2001. Speed recorded by the electric-powered minivan from I.DE.A Institute; Refusal of Ferrari President and Managing Director Luca Cordero to accept a government position; Return of Mark LaNeve to General Motors as marketing...
- supply line. Ciferri, Luca; Wright, Chris // Automotive News Europe;11/19/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p27
Presents news briefs on the supply sector of the automobile industry as of November 19, 2001. Purpose of the strategic alliance formed by I.DE.A. Institute of Italy and Invenio Engineering Services of Germany; Plan of Ricardo to expand the headquarters of its subsidiary in Van Buren Township,...
- First I.DE.A. China car starts production. Ciferri, Luca // Automotive News Europe;7/26/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the initial pilot production of Changan Automotive's CM8 small minivan by I.DE.A Institute. Information on the CM8; Concept behind the design of the car; Details of other projects being developed by the institute for Chinese car makers.
- I.DE.A will open China center. Ciferri, Luca // Automotive News Europe;5/31/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p12
Reports that the Turin, Italy-based design house I. DE. A Institute will open an engineering center in Shanghai, China in 2004. Number of engineering projects of the company for Chinese automakers; Other Italian design houses which are profiting from the growth in Chinese automobile industry;...
- I.DE.A. nearly triples size of its staff in China. Ciferri, Luca // Automotive News Europe;5/30/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the decision of the I.D.E.A. Institute to increase its workforce in China to cope with increasing business from local automobile manufacturers, as of May 2005. Information on Chongqing Changan Automobile Group, the main customer of the Italian design company in China; Models designed...
- Italy's I.DE.A comes under Rieter's control. Ciferri, Luca // Automotive News Europe;7/15/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p12
Reports on the acquisition of I.D.E.A. Institute by Rieter Automotive Systems of Switzerland as of July 15, 2002. Background on I.D.E.A.; Type of job handled by the company for carmakers; Projects handled by the company.
- Stola opens Mich. design studio to woo Big 3. McVeigh, Paul // Automotive News;7/11/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6156, p16
This article reports that Italian automobile manufacturer, Stola, has teamed with former Ford Motor Co. designer Ken Grant and software expert Michael Check to open Stola's first North American design studio. Stola is hoping to succeed in its business where other Italian design and engineering...
- Latin approach gains ground. // Finance Week;2/8/2002, p44
Reports on the strengthening presence of Fiat SpA in South African automobile industry. Car sales in 2001; Marketing strategy; Local content of Fiat cars.
- Riding out the storm. Glover, Maurice // Automotive Engineer;Apr2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p6
Cites strategies adopted by Italy-based automobile manufacturer Fiat SpA to accelerate its return to profitability. Reduction of the cost of manufacturing; Improvement in the quality and reliability of the company's cars; Decrease in the cost of component purchasing; Continuation of Fiat's...