E-AUCTIONS & BEYOND: HOW I DIDN'T GET THE ORDER
- Covisint marks its first deal. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/09/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p2
Reports on ArvinMeritor's use of Covisint, the online exchange created by DaimlerChrysler, Ford Motor Co. and General Motors, to conduct an online auction that chose a supplier for an injection-molded plastic part.
- ArvinMeritor Provides Customers Quick, Easy and Secure Method for Ordering Literature. // Fleet Equipment;Mar2002, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p12
Reports on an online ordering process for literature about trucks offered by ArvinMeritor's Commercial Vehicle Systems business. Information on the ordering procedure; Key features; Advantages of the process.
- Ever thought of a blind auction in your store? Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p18
Explores ways to auction products. Auctions over the Internet; Monitoring of bids; Tips for making no-minimum-bid-blind auction.
- Going Once, Twice...Sold? Hanover, Dan // Chain Store Age;Aug99 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p130
Focuses on the popularity of business-to-business online auctions. Websites that offer such service; Importance of the process to business finance; Attributions to the trend. INSET: How classy.
- It's 'buyer beware' on Internet auctions. Goldsborough, Reid // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/09/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p27
Focuses on the explosion of the Internet auctions. Comparison with in-person auctions; Popular Internet auction sites; Most popular for sale at online auctions; Payment system; Fraud protection; Inaccurate product description; Auction addiction.
- Going...Going...Gone. Thurston, Charles W. // Global Finance;Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p78
Deals with the growth of online auctions and other electronic services that facilitate business-to-business electronic commerce. Details on the three basic types of auctions; Reason for the rapid growth in electronic auction market.
- Do You Have Treasures In Your File Cabinets? Ross, Bob // Public Relations Tactics;May2000, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p29
Focuses on eBay Internet auction in the United States. List of products included in the bidding activity; Business card signed by Microsoft owner Bill Gates; List of buyers; Auction price.
- Suppliers Make Bid for Business In Reverse Auctions. Jones, Rene'e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p5
Describes the impact of the use of online reverse auctions or Internet-based auctions by the San Diego County, California. Mechanism of the online reverse auction; Less time needed to complete a purchase through an e-auction compared to paper-phone-fax trail; E-auctions as evolving procurement...
- Smaller players drive e-channel strategies. LaMonica, Martin // InfoWorld;07/17/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p3
Reports that startups with flexible business models are driving the first wave of auctions and dynamic pricing in e-business. Pressure put by early business auction experiments on established brick-and-mortar outfits; Issues that must be addressed in auctions and exchanges.