Skoda: An Eastern European Success
- THE LAST LAUGH. Mudd, Tom // Industry Week/IW;09/18/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 15, p38
Focuses on the marketing success of Skoda, a Czechoslovak car manufacturer of sedans. Sales of Skoda in 1999; Factors that lead Skoda to make cars with ugly steel boxes; Improvement made by the Volkswagen company in Skoda's management and production. INSET: NO PAIN, NO GAIN.
- Skoda Automobilova a.s. Bohata, Marie // Eastern European Economics;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p26
Features Czech Republic-based automobile manufacturer Skoda Automobilova AS. History of the firm; Organizational structure; Sector and markets; Sales and marketing.
- Czech car market heads upscale. Auer, Georg // Automotive News Europe;06/18/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p12
Reports on the market growth posted by the automobile industry in the Czech Republic. Market leadership of the automobile manufacturer Skoda; Automobile manufacturers and models in the country.
- Skoda to venture into new territory. Glover, Maurice // Automotive Engineer;Nov2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the plans of car maker Skoda Auto AS to take its CKD strategy into emerging automotive markets. Move of the company to look for investors; Plans of the company to take the VW group in Russia, Asia and Iran; Annual sales volume of the company.
- who's laughing now? Kimberley, William // Automotive Engineer;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p30
Features the automobile manufacturer Skoda in Czech Republic. Average daily production of the company; Assets and investments of the company; Features of the Fabia assembly hall.
- Curve Ahead. Dragomir, Marius; Carey, Nick; Johnstone, Chris // Prague Business Journal;1/28/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the possible changes in the market position of car manufacturer Skoda Auto in Czech Republic. Factors responsible for the possible changes; Possible competition among the car sellers of the same brand; Problems to be faced by the company from the opening of a joint plant by PSA...
- Upbeat Skoda opens its doors. // Automotive Engineer;Jun99, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p15
Focuses on developments related to Czech Republic-based car company Skoda as of July 1999. Construction of a visitor center; Reorganization of the company after its acquisition by Volkswagen Group; Volkswagen's investments in Skoda.
- Skoda plans production down under. // Automotive Engineer;Mar2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the plan of Skoda AS to assemble medium-size cars in Australia. First vehicle to be launched in India; Number of automobiles Skoda delivered in 2001; Car model Skoda is reviving.
- SKODA TIMELINE. Finnerty, Joe // Auto Express;3/5/2014, Issue 1309, p86
The article presents a timeline depicting the significant milestones in the history of automobile manufacturer Skoda Auto AS.