The Promise of eProcurement
- Online auction's bid: Lower cost. Brown, Peter; Johnson, Richard; Chappell, Lindsay; Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;03/06/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5864, p8
No abstract available.
- E-Commerce: What Does It Mean for You? Syverson, Nancy; Melillo, Fred // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Jun2000, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p32
Focuses on the impact of electronic commerce on the industrial buyer and supplier communities. Major automakers' decision to team up to build a global automobile parts supplier exchange; Projected growth of business-to-business electronic commerce by 2004; Efficiency benefits of electronic...
- Covisint Should Get the Go-Ahead. Triplett, Tim // Metal Center News;Sep2000, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p8
Comments on the examination of a plan by major automobile manufacturers to develop the Covisint, an Internet exchange for the procurement of materials. Requirement for the approval of the United States Federal Trade Commission and the European Union; Impact of Covisint on the business of...
- COVISINT: Big Three Go B2B. Pinkham, Myra // Metal Center News;Sep2000, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p46
Focuses on the partnership of major automobile manufacturers to develop an Internet exchange for materials procurement. Operation of the web site by the partners; Impact of the venture on suppliers of automotive raw materials; Opportunity for metal distributors to increase business. INSET:...
- Disclaimer waters down NADA's Web invoice plan. Harris, Donna // Automotive News;6/19/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5880, p3
Reports developments in the automobile industry in the United States as of June 2000. Attempts of the National Automobile Dealer's Association to provide invoice prices for its online shoppers; Creation of Vehiclocity, an Internet startup for business-to-business exchange of motor vehicles;...
- Buyers in the material world. // Works Management;Jan2001, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p20
Discusses the implications of buying raw materials on the Internet. Automobile firms' formation of an online trading exchange called Covisint; Electronic commerce director Jeremy Hart's skepticism about using specialist market sites for regular purchases; Need for companies to look carefully at...
- Big names debate Spain's c-commerce trends. // Frontline Solutions;May2002, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p46
Focuses on issues related to collaborative commerce trends in Spain. Problem associated with electronic procurement; Improvement of purchasing and supply process; Benefits of c-commerce.
- Beyond Paper Clips. Greenbaum, Joshua // Software Magazine;Jun/Jul2000, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p120
Focuses on the generations of electronic business. Focus of the first generation on electronic retailing and electronic procurement; Details on trading exchanges dominating the second generation of e-business; Information on intelligent exchange, the third generation of e-business.
- Catch the Wave of E-procurement. Attaran, Mohsen; Attaran, Sharmin // Industrial Management;May/Jun2002, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p16
Discusses the benefits of electronic procurement (e-procurement) in the supplier-to-customer chain. Reduction of cycle times and processing costs; Consolidation of purchasing practices; Elimination of paperwork; On time delivery; Companies implementing e-procurement.