- Sacco: Mercedes is willing to bend its design rules. Henry, Jim // Automotive News;1/18/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5802, p24
Reports on DaimlerChrysler AG Senior Vice President Bruno Sacco's speech on the company's design strategy, delivered during the 1999 Automotive News World Congress. Impact of technology on automobile design; Design rules of the company; Improvements in automotive styling.
- DCX's Flashware. Kimberly, William // Automotive Design & Production;Oct2002, Vol. 114 Issue 10, p24
Discusses the use of Flashware technology at DaimlerChrysler AG for automobile development. Advantages of using the technology; Comments from Thomas Raith, director of the Diagnosis and Flash Technologies Center, at DaimlerChrysler, about the technology.
- DCX USES SIMULATION FOR CHASSIS DEVELOPMENT. // Automotive Design & Production;Oct2002, Vol. 114 Issue 10, p32
Reports that combining physical and virtual data acquisition has enabled DaimlerChrysler to reduce the time needed to obtain road loads on individual chassis components from months to weeks. Challenge of simulation of the tire-road interface; Innovative hybrid approach developed by the...
- Chrysler, Mitsubishi may share platforms. Ostle, Dorothee // Automotive News;2/26/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5918, p26FF
Reports that DaimlerChrysler AG is working on a platform strategy enabling Chrysler and Mitsubishi models to be built on common platforms. Background on the synergies between former Daimler-Benz and Chrysler Corp.; Technical problems created by sharing platforms between Mercedes-Benz and...
- Upbeat DaimlerChrysler plans a car for Europe. Glover, Maurice // Automotive Engineer;Feb99, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p15
Reports on the plans of DaimlerChrysler to develop a fresh model line of cars based from the company's Neon saloon in Europe. Efforts of the company to improve sales penetration in the European markets; Improvements in the marketing strategy of DaimlerChrysler; Emphasis on quality of vehicles...
- Passing a Torch. Wilson, Kevin A. // AutoWeek;10/02/2000, Vol. 50 Issue 41, p24
Focuses on car company DaimlerChrysler's automobile design internship program as of October 2, 2000. Departure of the company's experienced car designers; Background on the internship program; Car designs created by college students who participated in the program.
- Fibreglass nerve systems. // Environmental Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p35
Reports on the Bragg grating sensors, specially developed fiber-optic sensors, used by DaimlerChrysler to register online material strains and loads in automotive and aviation components. Occurrence of the Bragg reflection in optical fibers; Advantages of optical sensors; Uses of Bragg gratings...
- D/C moving production of prototypes to its plants. Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News;4/5/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5813, p17
Reports on DaimlerChrysler's decision to move its pre-production units from technology centers to its automobile plants in the United States. Reasons for the move; Advantages; Product development process.
- Chrysler taking concept to production. // Plastics News;8/27/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 26, p4
Reports the plan of DaimlerChryler Corp. to adopt a plastic-bodied concept cars into production in Michigan. Materials to be used in the production of the cars; Support of Crossfire on the plan.