Three Major Time Killers---And What To Do About Them
- The Secrets to Making Lasting Friendships. Gard, Carolyn // Current Health 2;Oct2000, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p30
Offers advice on keeping friends, such as surviving disagreements.
- Sticky situation. // Scholastic Choices;Mar2003, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p30
Presents suggestions given by readers of the journal 'Scholastic Choices' regarding the need to spend time with friends.
- STICKY SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;11/5/2012, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p7
The section presents a quiz about what Joey should do after seeing that his friends left their food trash on the cafeteria table and noticing that there was only one woman working in the cafeteria.
- Furry Friends. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;9/15/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p2
The article features the friendship between an African lion, an American black bear and a Bengal tiger held at the Wild Life Sanctuary park Noah's Ark in Locust Grove, Georgia.
- Top Five Reasons Not To Hire a Friend. TOLAN, TIM // Healthcare Informatics;Sep2014, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p40
The article discusses the disadvantages of hiring a friend in the healthcare information technology (HCIT) sector. Topics include pointing the blame on preferential treatment, access to confidential information and biased organizational performance on both positive or negative outcomes. It also...
- Your Secret Weapon Against Stress. Michaud, Ellen // Prevention;Aug2001, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p130
Discusses the benefits of friendships between women and how they may help women deal with stress. INSET: The Five Friends Every Woman Needs.
- From conflict resolution to friendship groups. Badini, Peter; Bean, Tissie // Independent School;Fall97, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p38
Features the active conflict resolution program of the Metairie Park Country Day School in Louisiana. How the program teaches the children to handle conflicts; Effectiveness of the friendship group, a group formed to discuss issues on children's friendship; How trust is the main focus of the group.
- my favorite things. // Teaching Young Children;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p32
The article presents the insights of several people on classroom management techniques including Sarah Steed's habit of changing her classroom environment, creating a kindness tree that recognizes children's kind gestures, and building friendship inside the classroom.
- THE DRIVER'S WIFE. Adriana // F1 Racing;Dec2014, Issue 226, p24
The article offers the author's insights on the boss of her husband's automobile racing team whom she considers as a friend and an enemy.