Hams Offer Help To Technicians
- Speech Compression. Hallas, Joel R. // QST;Jun2005, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p57
Reports on the operation of radiotelephone transmitters which does not have a visible control for transmit audio level. Placement of transmit audio level on the front panels of transmitters; Advantage of modulation limiters; Compensation for changes in the incoming signal level.
- MINIATURE LOW POWER ELECTRONIC KEYER KIT. // QST;Jun2005, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p58
Reports on the features and capabilities of the PicoKeyer low power electronic keyer kit for ham radios. Ease of retrofitting into applications using the original non-analog chip version.
- Remote Your Morse Key Using an RF Link. Spencer, Mark // QST;Jan2004, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p36
The article reports that the wireless technology has truly made amazing strides recently. The foundation of the project remoting the morse key, can be done with a set of transmitter, receiver modules from Parallax Inc. These small modules use surface mount technology to produce a very low-power...
- Elecraft KX1, An Ultra-Portable Multiband CW Transceiver Kit. Prior, Bruce // QST;Apr2004, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p75
Features the Elecraft KX1, an ultra-portable multiband continuous wave transceiver kit. Use of the gadget by radio amateurs who travel away from civilization; Number of meter amateur bands; Possibilities for a high frequency radio to be operated in a couch or chair.
- Radiometrix offers high-speed FM radio transceiver module. // Wireless Design & Development;Dec2000, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p1
Introduces BiM2 radio transceiver module from Radiometrix. Features and capabilities; Wireless applications for the device; Increased receiver interference immunity.
- Ham Radio 101 at Granite Day Montessori School. Lloyd, Brian // QST;Jan2010, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p67
The article presents the author's insights on how he taught physical science to students of Granite Bay Montessori School through Amateur Radio. He relates that after attending the ARRL Teachers Institute on Wireless Technology, he added robotics and wireless technology classes for 5th to 8th...
- More Citizen Science. Wolfgang, Larry D. // QST;Nov2013, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p62
This section presents technical amateur radio tips contributed by "QST" magazine readers. David Cutter of England described advantages of using an Automatic Packet Reporting System (APRS) with regard to Radio Society of Great Britain (RSGB) noise measurement campaign compliance. James Richards...
- CoPD: a conjugate prior based detection scheme to countermeasure spectrum sensing data falsification attacks in cognitive radio networks. Chen, Changlong; Song, Min; Xin, ChunSheng // Wireless Networks (10220038);Nov2014, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p2521
Cognitive radio networks are a promising solution to the spectrum scarcity issue. In cognitive radio networks, cooperative spectrum sensing is critical to accurately detect the existence of a primary user (PU) signal, because the local spectrum sensing by a single secondary user (SU) has low...
- A Rendezvous Protocol with the Heterogeneous Spectrum Availability Analysis for Cognitive Radio Ad Hoc Networks. Romaszko, Sylwia // Journal of Electrical & Computer Engineering;2013, p1
In cognitive radio ad hoc networks, a frequently changing environment, varying channel occupancy statistics, and heterogeneous spectrum availability result in a need to meet on a common channel and to initiate a communication. This process of two or more CRs, meeting each other in the same...