Not 'Old Reliable' Quite Yet
- What Bodes For mMode? Brown, Karen // Wireless Week;1/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the revision of the mMode content service by AT&T Wireless. Objective of the effort; Views of industry watchers on the move of the company; Primary issue surrounding the move.
- BT, AT&T, Microsoft partner for mobile data applications. Bruno, Antony // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the partnership of British Telecommunications PLC, AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Microsoft Corp. to provide mobile data applications. Creation of high-speed data applications for mobile devices; Terms of agreement.
- AT&TW to sell Motorola-made phone using Microsoft platform. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/15/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the plans of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to sell MPx200 Smartphone phone from Motorola Inc. which incorporates Microsoft Corp. technology in October 2003. Features of MPx200; Factor which contributed to the wide acceptance of the Smartphone platform; Significance of the launch of...
- COMMUNICATIONS BRIEFS. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/26/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p40
Presents news briefs about communication as of January 2004. Move of LG to introduce its first camera phone with flash; Move of AT&T Wireless to pick up two GSM phones from Siemens; Suggested retail price of the products.
- No Cable, No Wireless. Fixmer, Rob // Inter@ctive Week;10/9/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 41, p6
Evaluates the Ericsson R280LX cellular phone from AT&T Wireless. Features; Disadvantages.
- AT&T Wireless. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;March 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p187
Reports on the decision of Cingular Wireless to re-enter acquisition talks with AT&T Wireless. Business operations of the company; Analysis on products and services offered by AT&T; Strengths and weaknesses of AT&T.
- A modest look at WiMAX. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;11/20/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 19, p23
The author reflects on the promises offered by the long-range wireless networking standard, WiMAX, in the telecommunications industry in the U.S. He believes that the WiMAX hype is promising some unreasonable things and infers that the technology is setting its potential customers up for...
- Verizon Wireless expands to Sin City with EV-DO service. // RCR Wireless News;8/2/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p6
Reports on the launching of the CDMA2000 1x EV-DO Broadband Access service by Verizon Wireless in Las Vegas, Nevada providing users with access to average data speeds. Coverage of the Las Vegas network; Cost of the PC 5220 card which will be used to access the service; Amount of the investment...
- Carriers hooked on speed. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/27/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p27
Explains that cellular telephone services companies in the U.S. have set their attention to deploying technologies to increase the speed of their wireless data services. Focus given by the industry to wireless data service speed during the October 2003 Cellular Telecommunications & Internet...