Number Numbness: Why Subscribers Count
- CELL-PHONE COMPLAINTS: A SORRY PICTURE FOR AT&T. // Consumer Reports;Aug2004, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p9
Provides data on cellular phone company complaints in 2003. Best and worst cellular phone companies in regards to complaints received; Number of complains per millions for each company; Number of costumers of AT&T.
- AWS replaces 1.9 GHz phones with dual-band devices. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;3/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p30
Present information on a replacement program for the 1900 megahertz phones of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. in the U.S. Impact of the replacement program on AT&T Wireless customers; Benefits of the replacement program to the customers; Subscribers covered by the replacement program.
- Hablamos espaÃ±ol. Fung, Amanda // Crain's New York Business;6/23/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p2
The article reports that several cellular service providers are targeting Hispanic consumers in the U.S. AT&T Wireless is launching a Spanish mobile television service by year's end, Verizon is expanding its menu of Spanish-language entertainment and T-Mobile has tripled its budget for...
- WILL AT&T LEAVE YOU ON HOLD? Fonda, Daren // Time;2/2/2004, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p81
Reports that AT&T Wireless, the third largest cell-phone carrier in the U.S., has announced it is up for sale. Speculation that Cingular has offered $30 billion for the company, and that rivals will offer more; Claim by analysts that consolidation within the industry could mean fewer promotions...
- AT&T Wireless: Independent and innovative. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;7/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p16
Focuses on the wireless communication business of AT & T Wireless Services Inc. General Packet Radio Service offered by the company; Investment of NTT DoCoMo with the company; Financial performance of AT & T.
- Analysts welcome AT&T Wireless 4Q adds. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p15
Focuses on the reaction of industry analysts to the success of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. in increasing its subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2001. Statistics of the company's subscribers; Comparison of the company's performance with its competitors; Revenue posted by the company in the...
- GoPhone could cannibalize contract users. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;5/12/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p20
Focuses on the GoPhone service of AT&T Wireless Service Inc. Expected increase in market penetration; Advantages and disadvantages of the service; Details of GoPhone plans.
- CELL-PHONE COMPLAINTS. // Consumer Reports;Jul2005, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p9
Reports that cellular telephone companies Cingular and AT&T have received the most complaints about service in 2004, according to data from the Federal Communications Commission. Comparison of the complaints among major cellular telephone companies in the United States; Assertion that Verizon...
- Balance Swings to Customer Retention. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;1/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p16
The article focuses on the trend in retaining existing customers and its operating cost posed for wireless communication carriers in the U.S. According to Bear Stearns analyst Phil Cusick, the trend will allow carriers to find value in farming their current base customers for additional revenue....