Lucent Rating Lowered; Avaya Plans Layoffs
- New IP Telephony Network merges bells & whistles of data & voice. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;2/1/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p39
Reports on Avaya Communications' unveiling of its latest solutions for the Internet protocol (IP) telephony market aimed at companies with more than 50 employees. Launch of equipment in Puerto Rico; Creation of the from Lucent Technologies in 2000.
- Recent downgrades bring Lucent near junk-bond status. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;2/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p53
Reports on the downgraded credit ratings of Lucent Technologies Inc. initiated by Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investor Service bringing the company to a near junk-bond status.
- Jobless In Telecom. // Business News New Jersey;06/19/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p4
No abstract available.
- Job cuts threat hits Lucent staff in UK. // Electronics Weekly;10/16/2002, Issue 2072, p1
Reports on the workforce reduction activity of Lucent Technologies in Great Britain as of October 2002. Reason for the workforce reduction; Expected revenue of the company for the fourth-quarter of 2002.
- Lucent Lays Tracks For Future. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;01/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p12
Deals with the restructuring plan of Lucent Technologies. Number of employees that will be laid off by the company; Total financial loss of the company; Prediction on the company's revenue.
- Building A Business Structure. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p1
Provides information on the downsizing activities of Lucent Technologies in 2001. Details of the reorganization of the company's operations; Implications of the move; Losses posted in the second quarter; Contracts for third-generation equipment acquired by Lucent.
- Avaya Challenges Lucent Grip with Network-Hosted Solutions. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul2001, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p15
No abstract available.
- Companies Struggle To Make The Grade. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;3/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p20
Presents information on the downgrades of some telecommunication carriers in the U.S. as of March 25, 2002. Nortel; Avaya Inc.; Lucent. INSET: Recent Wireless Ratings Actions.
- SPOTLIGHT. Smith, Stephanie D. // Money;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p44
Lucent spin-off Avaya has put forth a proposal to be voted on by shareholders February 25, 2003 that would initiate a reverse split immediately followed by a forward split. In the reverse split, stockholders with fewer than 50 shares would be paid cash for their shares. These individuals...