Mass Marketing Mobile Data
- Helping copper grow. Biagi, Susan; Llana Jr., Andres // Telephony;11/09/98, Vol. 235 Issue 19, p26
Focuses on the deployment of digital subscriber line (DSL) technology. Goal of DSL to open up the bottleneck in most networks; Advantages of DSL; Types of DSL; High bit-rate DSL standards; Hurdles that DSL must overcome to become ubiquitous. INSETS: Covad carries on;The Gulftel story;A focus...
- Getting ANSI with HDSL2. Biagi, Susan // Telephony;11/09/98, Vol. 235 Issue 19, p40
Reports on the ANSI T1E1.4 standards committee's specification for HDSL2. Key differences between HDSL2 and high bit-rate digital subscriber line (HDSL); Annual growth rate of the T-1 market; Definition of open interface for HDSL2; Spectral friendliness of HDSL2.
- Ethernet switch market diverges. Weckel, Alan // Telecom Asia;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p38
The article discusses the significant developments in local area network (LAN) Ethernet switch that focused on the datacenter and 10 Gigabit Ethernet. It mentions the increased demand for Ethernet switches optimized for datacenter deployments, and cites datacenter requirements of high-speed and...
- Layer 7 switching routes data discerningly. Parks, Manish // eWeek;01/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p55
Describes Layer 7 switching, a multifaceted technology for data routing. Concept of the technology; Diagram illustrating data movement under Layer 7 switching; Applications.
- Cri de Core. Titch, Steven // Telephony;03/31/97, Vol. 232 Issue 13, p68
Comments on the shift of asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) switching suppliers to the core data communications network. Failure of high-capacity ATM switching; Alcatel's development of its data networking architecture around optical transmission equipment and interfaces; Fujitsu's implementation...
- For BNSF, a switching breakthrough. // Railway Age;Nov97, Vol. 198 Issue 11, p25
Reports that the Burlington Northern and Santa Fe (BNSF) will upgrade its main line switching technology with General Railway Signal's GRS GrandMaster 4000 switch machine. Comment of BNSF's Dennis G. Boll on switch technology; GrandMaster's design.
- This LAN is your LAN. Taner, John C. // Wireless Asia;12/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p22
Examines how Wi-Fi switches bring user awareness to the enterprise network. Concerns of business wireless clients about security and network management problems; Importance of subscriber management software that gives LAN user awareness. INSET: The obligatory standards war.
- Bigger, better backbones. Duffy, Jim // Network World;10/19/98, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p75
Discusses the features and factors to consider when purchasing a backbone switch. Includes support of routing protocol; Support for wire-speed multicasting; Hot swappability of components; Redundancy; Buffer memory; Number of per-port queues; Application-level policies supported.
- Testing switch performance: A primer. Bell, Steve // Network World;10/19/98, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p80
Discusses how switch performance factors are measured, and its impact on the computer network. Forwarding rate and packet loss rate; Latency; Congestion; Head-of-line blocking; Quality-of-service capabilities.