Sticking To One's Knitting
- ETC... // RCR Wireless News;10/6/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p8
The article provides updates related to wireless communication systems. Nokia Corp. declared a software solution that could aid public sector and non-governmental organizations to gather data during disease outbreaks or disaster relief thru mobile devices. The GSM Association and Mofilm declared...
- GSM Association heads effort to create roaming forum. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR;10/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p10
Reports that the GSM Association has announced plans to establish a roaming forum to address roaming issues among wireless protocols. Discussion of the approval of the World Roaming Forum at a GSM Association meeting in Montreal, Quebec in October 1999; Key factors in the development of the...
- In Brief. // Wireless Review;12/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p20
Presents news briefs related to the telecommunication industry as of December 1, 2000. Details on the auction of third generation licenses in Singapore in February 2001; Categories comprising the 2001 GSM Association Awards; Overall prepaid wireless prices in Great Britain.
- Nokia tests WAP on W-CDMA network. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p4
Reports that Nokia Corp. has carried out tests demonstrating the interoperability of Wireless Application Protocol over wideband Code Division Multiple Access systems and radio networks.
- EDGE on the horizon. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;12/16/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 18, p34
Focuses on the revival of EDGE technology by wireless communication operators in North America. Public commitment to the technology by service providers; Introduction of the first EDGE-capable handset by Nokia; Standardization of 3G technology.
- Nokia debuts WAP handsets. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p6
Reports on the plan of Nokia Mobile Phones Inc. to start shipping its 7100 series wireless application protocol-enabled handsets.
- Nokia releases latest mobile Internet toolkit. // RCR Wireless News;8/5/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p26
Reports that Nokia Corp. released the newest version of its mobile Internet toolkit for wireless application developers on August 5, 2002. Capabilities of the toolkit.
- Nokia extends wap support. // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p6
Cites Nokia Corp.'s announcement of several cooperative activities focused on supporting the Wireless Application Protocol at its 1999 Wireless Data Conference.
- Nokia browser may change WAP market. Bruno, Antony // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p1
Reports on Nokia Corp.'s introduction of an upgraded version of its Wireless Access Protocol (WAP) Browser 2.0, an microbrowser software package that supports the WAP 1.2 specification.