- A Pain in the Neck. Colino, Stacey // Harper's Bazaar;Mar2000, Issue 3460, p242
Reports on the over- or underactive thyroids or hypo- or hyperthyroidism, which can lead to life-threatening health problems.
- Consensus statement for good practice and audit measures in the management of hypothyroidism and... Vanderpump, M.P.J.; Ahlquist, J.A.O. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/31/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7056, p539
Presents guidelines for audit and management of hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism in Great Britain. Screening for thyroid dysfunction; Diagnosis; Treatment regimens and outcome.
- Current guidelines for managing hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. Woeber, K.A. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Oct99, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p337
Presents an abstract of the study 'Current Guidelines for Managing Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism,' by K.A. Woeber, which was presented at the Joint Meeting of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, with the College of Medicine of South...
- Evaluation of Patients with Mildly Abnormal Thyroid Function Tests. Pittman, Joseph G. // American Family Physician;09/01/96, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p961
Discusses the clinical assessment of subclinical hypothyroidism, subclinical hyperthyroidism and the sick euthyroid syndrome. Serum thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) level; Free thyroxine level; Free thyroxine index; T3 and T4 levels.
- Hypo- and hyperthyroidism: A practical guide to choosing the best tests and treatments. Braverman, Lewis E. // Modern Medicine;Sep94, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p38
Presents a guide that may be used in the selection of the best tests and treatments of hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism in the United States. Diagnosis; Treatment; Complications. INSETS: Introduction, by Michael K. Rees.;Antibodies are the key to treatment decisions in subclinical..;A...
- Transient Thyroiditis after Treatment with Lenalidomide in a Patient with Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma. Emily M. Stein; Cristina Rivera // Thyroid;Aug2007, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p681
Lenalidomide, a recently developed immunomodulatory drug, shares the antiangiogenic and antitumor properties of thalidomide. While there is a known association between thalidomide and hypothyroidism, to our knowledge, there have been no prior reports of thyrotoxicosis associated with thalidomide...
- Leflunomide. // Reactions Weekly;9/21/2013, Issue 1470, p27
An abstract of the article "The conversion of hypothyroidism into hyperthyroidism during leflunomide with povidone iodine treatment of rheumatoid arthritis," by M. Grzywa and colleagues is presented.
- Factor VIII Activity and Thyroid Function. Rogers II, John S.; Shane, Stanley R.; Jencks, Frances S. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov82, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p713
Discusses the relation between thyroid function and factor-VIII-related properties in both hypothyroid and hyperthyroid patients. Conditions that are associated with hypothroidism; Clinical features of the patients with hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism; Information on the von Willebrand's...
- Hypothyroidism After Low-Dose I Treatment of Hyperthyroidism. Glennon, Joseph A.; Gordon, Edgar S.; Sawin, Clark T. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May72, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p721
Discusses a study on the occurrence of hypothyroidism after treatment of hyperthyroidism with radioiodine. Patients and methods; Results of the study.