A Functional Perspective on Improving Leadership Effectiveness
- Lead for The Future. // Credit Union Magazine;Jan2010, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on executives in the U.S. who see leadership behaviors as a helpful tool to combat economic crisis.
- Taming the Governance Tiger. Byers, Mark // Association Management;Nov2002, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p54
Focuses on the qualities of an association executive in the U.S. Manifestation of leadership skills; Competency to the management task; Practice of integrity in governance.
- Real executives. Crisp, Wendy Reid // Executive Female (0199-2880);Jul/Aug95, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p80
Discusses the importance of leadership among female executives. Factors that contribute to successful leadership in the family and in the workplace.
- Leaders and Stories: Growing the Next Generation, Conveying Values, and Shaping Character. Blunt, Ray // Public Manager;Spring2001, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p45
Discusses how senior government practitioners can use their experience and leadership stories to convey values and shape characters of potential leaders in the United States. Lessons of example and experience; Importance of stories to leadership; Lack of framework for carrying out the...
- Managers and heroes: How maturity levels influence managerial values. Webber, Ross Arkell // Management Review;May80, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p43
Presents questions testing the influence of maturity on managerial attitudes in the U.S. Persons symbolizing the concept of a hero; Rejection of business leadership in career aspiration; Admiration of young middle managers on integrity and commitment possessed by the hero.
- Being a leader in dot-com times. Klevatt, Sydney // Catalog Age;Jul2000, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p197
Presents tips on how United States executives can be good leaders. Definition of leadership; Need to gather information and ask help from the corporate team; Development of a plan; Importance of having a sense of humor; Value of optimism.
- Real life leadership. Shelton, Ken // Executive Excellence;Apr99, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p2
Presents various leadership principles, as discussed in books by several effective leaders in the United States. Includes Robert A. Lutz in the book `Guts'; Martin Puris in the book `Comeback'; Brian Muirhead and William L. Simon in the book `High Velocity.'
- The e-business Leader. Druckenmiller, Jr., Gary // Engineered Systems;Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on the performance of dot-com executives in the United States. E-business leadership; Characteristics of successful e-business leaders; Management ability during economic downturns; Attributes to survive the digital economy's slow down.
- HUMAN RESOURCES. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/1/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p19
Presents updates on the labor market and corporate leadership in the U.S. as of March 2004. Statistics on aged employees in the country; Concerns of executives over the ability of their companies to protect and sustain business operations in the vent of a significant disruption; Results of a...