Alabama Theme Park Depletes Reserve Fund, Defaults on Bonds
- Loan growth, cheaper funding help SunTrust boost profits 8%. Cline, Kenneth // American Banker;7/10/96, Vol. 161 Issue 130, p4
Reports on the financial performance of SunTrust Banks Inc. in the second quarter of fiscal 1996. Increase in total earnings; Credit card portfolio; Net interest margin; Noninterest income; Total noninterest expenses.
- SunTrust profit up 12% despite rising costs. Gillam, Carey // American Banker;7/10/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 130, p1
Focuses on the financial performance of SunTrust Banks Incorporated. Percentage increase in net income for the second quarter of 1998; Amount of revenue recorded for the first half; Comparison with the net income earned in 1997. INSET: SunTrust Banks Inc..
- SunTrust profits rise 7%; margins squeezed by ARM, deposit rate competition. Gold, Jacqueline S. // American Banker;4/13/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 71, p5
Reports on SunTrust Banks Inc.'s increase in earnings for the first quarter of 1995. Decrease in net interest margin due to tough competition in deposit pricing and adjustable rate mortgages; Drop in SunTrust's provision for loan losses; Ratio of expenses to revenues.
- SunTrust earnings up 8.7% for 2d quarter, to a record. Gillam, Carey // American Banker;7/9/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 130, p6
Reports on an 8.7 percent increase in SunTrust Banks Inc.'s net income to $165.4 million from the second quarter of 1996. Increase in earnings; Loans; Nonperforming assets; Efficiency ratio.
- Sun Trust has record quarter, beating Wall Street consensus. Cline, Kenneth // American Banker;1/11/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the fourth quarter net income of SunTrust Banks Incorporated. Loan growth; Assets; Revenue; Effect of securities loss on corporate trust; Share repurchase program.
- SunTrust earnings up 7% on strong economy, fees. Gillam, Carey // American Banker;4/9/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 67, p7
Provides information on the reasons behind the financial growth of SunTrust Banks Inc. Earnings on a per-share basis; Drop in annualized return on average assets; Repurchase of shares in the first quarter of 1997; Total of fees from the trust business; Promotion of trust business through...
- SunTrust post 8% increase for third quarter. Fontana, Dominick // American Banker;10/9/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 194, p6
Reports on Atlanta, Georgia-based SunTrust Bank Inc.'s increase in its third-quarter results for 1996. Factors that contributed to SunTrust Bank Inc.'s increase; Bank analysts' observation concerning SunTrust bank Inc.'s performance for the third-quarter; Principal source of SunTrust Bank...
- KeyCorp, SunTrust To Repay Bailouts. // American Banker;3/22/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 44, p2
The article discusses how Keycorp company and SunTrust Banks Inc. will finance the repayment of their bailouts from the U.S. Troubled Asset Relief Program and information about the 2011 Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review stress test for financial institutions.
- SunTrust stock rebounds after two-week tumble. Elstein, Aaron; Talley, Karen // American Banker;8/3/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 146, p40
Reports on the stock performance of SunTrust Banks Inc., stating that the company's stock is showing signs of recovery after two weeks in which the stock fell by 22 percent. Value of the stock at closing; Percentage that the Standard and Poor's bank index fell by; Amount that the Dow Jones...