Memphis and Charlotte, N.C., Press Toward Basketball Bonds
- Charlotte Agrees to Arena. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/14/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31513, p1
Reports that the National Basketball Association has negotiated a deal with Charlotte City Council for a new basketball arena in Charlotte, North Carolina. Estimated cost of the arena; Memorandum of understanding released by the city; Banks that have agreed to underwrite the cost of the arena.
- Long-Distance Dedication. Steinbach, Paul // Athletic Business;Aug2008, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p14
The article discusses the watch party organized by the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. The watch party showcased 3D high definition viewing technology that featured the 2007 National Basketball Association Finals. The party, which drew between 12,000 to 18,000 fans, includes police and...
- Honda Center Lands College BBaII Tournament, Longs for NBA Team. D'Hippolito, Joseph // Orange County Business Journal;4/5/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
The article reports that the Big West Conference's basketball tournaments in 2011 will be held at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. It indicates that the move aims to promote Honda Center's credibility as a home for a National Basketball Association (NBA) team. Moreover, it mentions that...
- Playing for a Chance to Hit the Game-Winning Shot. Ruth, Jo�o-Plerre S. // Business News New Jersey;01/21/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p5
Reports the proposals to build an arena in Newark, New Jersey. Reaction of local organizations on the proposal; Impact of the proposed arena on the commercial growth of the country; Advantages brought by the proposed arena on the National Basketball Association team New Jersey Nets.
- CALIFORNIA: NBA Goes to the State Fair. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32728, p9
The article reports that the board of directors running the California Exposition & State Fair voted to start talks with the National Basketball Association (NBA) on the construction of an arena for the Sacramento Kings franchise in California. The initiative was made because the NBA sees that...
- CHANGE OF VENUE. Virgin, Bill // Seattle Business;Jun2012, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p18
In the article, the author discusses the economic and business impacts of a new sports arena in Seattle, Washington that could be able to host teams from the National Basketball Association (NBA) and the National Hockey League (NHL). He examines what will become of the KeyArena, which still...
- Hoop Dreams, Deferred. Schley, Stewart // ColoradoBiz;Nov2011, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p92
The article discusses the impact of cancellation of the National Basketball Association's (NBA) two weeks of the 2011-2012 season on people who make a living around NBA in the U.S. It states that the labor problems of the league create an effect to wide range of jobs, companies, and individuals....
- AEG PARTNERS WITH NBA CHINA. Wilson, Jen // Billboard;10/25/2008, Vol. 120 Issue 43, p19
The article reports that entertainment and sports promoter AEG has formed a partnership with National Basketball Association (NBA) China. Details about the deal, which will allow AEG and NBA China to co-operate NBA-style arenas for sports in many cities in China, are provided. According to the...
- The Pathology of Gilbert Arenas. Chiarella, Tom // Esquire;Nov2006, Vol. 146 Issue 5, p170
ABSTRACT: A pseudo-psychotherapeutic assessment that attempts to shed light on the eclectic nature and unique brain chemistry of the NBA's most unheralded superstar.