Housing Emerges as Big Winner in Minnesota Bond Measure
- Minnesota Lawmakers Cool to Ventura's Budget Proposals. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p4
Reports on Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura's budget proposals. Capital bonding bill being pushed by Venture to the state legislature; Tax and legislative reforms passed during Ventura's tenure; State lawmakers' reactions to Ventura's proposals.
- Minnesota's Surprise Choice Still Working Out K-12 Details. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;11/11/98, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p15
No abstract available.
- The body politic registers a protest. BEILER, DAVID // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Feb99, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p34
Reports on Jesse Ventura's victory in the 1998 Minnesota gubernatorial election. Ventura's career background; Significance of Ventura's victory; Information on the Ventura campaign.
- In Jesse's Corner. Kaspriske, Ron // Golf Digest;Aug2002, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p27
Focuses on the career of Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura in golf. Preparation of Ventura to the championship games of Professional Golfers Association at the National Golf Club; Schedule of weekly golf games; Participation of Ventura in a golf tournament at Pebble Beach with Clint Eastwood.
- Letting Jesse be Jesse. Klobuchar, Jim // Christian Science Monitor;3/1/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 66, p9
Discusses Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura, including biographical information.
- The First Hundred Hours. Pierce, Charles P. // Esquire;Apr99, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p100
Examines into the first hundred hours of Jesse Ventura as governor of Minnesota in 1999. Activity after the inauguration ceremony; Description of the Ventura administration; Proposed law about jet skis.
- Ventura leaves Reform Party. // State Government News;Apr2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the resignation of Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura from the Reform Party. Reason for his resignation; Comments from Ventura.
- The body (slams) politic. Silva, Jeff // RCR;11/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p12
Opinion. Comments on events of interest to the telecommunications industry in the United States, as of November 9, 1998. Includes speculations on the effects of the election of former professional wrestler Jesse Ventura to policy making; Congressional disputes on telecommunication legislation;...
- From This Clay. McCarthy, Thomas J. // America;12/5/1998, Vol. 179 Issue 18, p6
Focuses on the election of Jesse Ventura, former professional wrestler, as governor of Minnesota in 1998. Comments on Ventura; His image; Qualities; Message of his Reform Party; Concerns on his victory.