No Delay on Implementation of GASB Standards
- Bar Council at loggerheads with OFT over MDP probe. Malkin, Brendan // Lawyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p5
Highlights the response of the Bar Council to the statement of the Office of Fair Trading of Great Britain that it will continue its investigations into the bar's restrictions on multidisciplinary partnerships and allowing barristers to litigate. Information on the statement of Bar Council...
- Entity Combinations--Acquisitions. Simpkins, Kevin; Zijl, Tony // Chartered Accountants Journal;Sep98, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p68
Part I. Reports on proposed financial reporting standards on entity combinations. Request for comments on the following documents, `Exposure Draft (ED) 83: Accounting for Acquisitions Resulting in Entity Combinations,' `Exposure Draft (ED) 84: Consolidating Investments in Subsidiaries' and...
- ILLINOIS: Coming in Short. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p39
Focuses on the financial report of Illinois for the first quarter of 2001. Reasons for a shortage in the budget; Measures undertaken to reduce costs.
- Government of Canada. // Bank of Canada Review;Summer94, pS73
Presents the financial statement of the Government of Canada from 1972 to 1994. Fiscal position of the Government of Canada on the national and public account basis; Direct marketable bonds on issues and retirements; Details of unmatured outstanding issues on direct marketable bonds;...
- Better business reporting. // CA Magazine;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on a symposium which discussed how financial reporting might better portray the array of information necessary to meet user's needs. Organizations that participated in the symposium; Elements of business reporting; Need for continuous improvement in the reporting framework; Usefulness...
- It it isn't read, it isn't right. Kilpatrick, Ivan // CA Magazine;Mar1998, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p33
Opinion. Provides information regarding financial statements. Advice offered on how to read financial statements; Why do we have cash flow statements. INSETS: Current statement of changes in financial position;The Kilpatrick model: Statement of changes in financial position.
- Survey of finance companies, 1996. August, James D.; Grupe, Michael R. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Jul97, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p543
Summarizes the results of the Federal Reserve System's survey which covers balance sheet information as of June 30, 1996 in United States. Receivables reported by finance companies; Business receivables; Receivables; Sources of financing at finance companies; Developments since the June 1996...
- What type of financial statement does your company need? Siner, Micki // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/29/94, Vol. 15 Issue 22, Banking & Financial... p9B
Discusses matters pertinent to corporate financial statements. Factors which help to determine which type is appropriate; Compilation reports; Review reports; Audit reports.
- Analyzing a financial statement. Evans, Frank C. // Management Review;Nov93, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p52
Analyzes a sample corporation's financial statement. Balance sheet; Statement of retained earnings; Income statement; Statement of cash flows; Coordination of information from all statements; Role of financial ratios in statement analysis.