MTA Takes Step Toward Refinancing
- Plan to Restructure MTA Debt Still on the Agenda. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p6
Reports on efforts of officials of New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to fund a five-year capital plan as of December 2000. Efforts to restructure all outstanding debt; Creation of escrow accounts where money will be placed to pay off debts; Other plans of officials.
- Monster MTA Deal Gets Put On Fast Track. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p1
Reports the debt refinancing of Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York. Value of debt; Features of the offering; Consolidation of the credit of MTA.
- Long-Term Debt Neared $30B in May. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31399, p1
Reports the increase of long-term debt in New York. Influence of bond sales and tobacco-backed issuance to the increase; Reformation of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority; Stability of rates on tax-exempt bonds.
- N.Y. MTA Aiming to Return to Level Debt Service Deals Next Week. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/26/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33255, p7
The article reports on the plan of the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to get back to deal structured with level debt service and to sell 650 million dollars of transportation revenue bonds on February 3, 2010.
- N.Y. MTA Plans $1 Billion Sale, Including $250 Million Remarketing. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/26/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33405, p7
The article reports on the plan of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to sell more than one billion dollars of tax-exempt debt in November 2010 that includes a remarketing of variable-rate debt as fixed rate worth 250 million dollars in New York.
- N.Y. MTA's Spiraling Debt Costs Are a Time Bomb: Finance Chief. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;7/28/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33556, p3
The article reports that finance committee chairman Andrew Saul of New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) has said that the rising debt of the authority is like a time bomb which could spiral up to 36 billion dollars by 2015.
- MTA: Variable-Rate Debt Well Under the Threshold. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;4/23/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33899, p16
The article informs that, according to Patrick McCoy, finance manager of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) of the New York State, natural variable-rate debt that presents eight percent of the total debt of MTA is well under its limit.
- MTA Issue Will Include Taxable Debt. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p1
Reports the proposed 14 billion-dollar debt-refinancing scheme of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority in New York, New York. Details on the upcoming plan; Effects of offering taxable bonds; Interest of the European market to acquire the American municipal bonds.
- NEW YORK: MTA's Derivatives Report. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;10/31/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33607, p9
The article focuses on the data from a derivatives portfolio report which shows that the 30.1 billion dollars outstanding debt of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) contains 5.2 billion dollars of variable-rate debt.