A Matter of a Patent
- Innovation in recruiting and hiring: Attracting the best and brightest to Wisconsin State... Lavigna, Robert J. // Public Personnel Management;Winter96, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p423
Reports on the efforts of Wisconsin's Department of Employment Relations' Division of Merit Recruitment and Selection (DMRS) to attract a skilled, dedicated and diverse workforce to work for the state government. Innovations in hiring; Information services; Major challenges faced.
- A Cautious Wisconsin. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32519, p1
The article reports on the concern among Midwestern market participants over the cessation of all negotiated work in Wisconsin following the conviction of former state procurement supervisor Georgia Thompson on federal bid-rigging charges. Market participants opine that the officials who manage...
- Scott Walker, Conservative, Causes Excessive Spending... ESTÉS, CLARISSA PINKOLA // Moderate Voice;6/5/2012, p13
The article reports that large amount of money was spent for the recall election of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker.
- Governor Visits Wisconsin Investment Casting Firm. // Modern Casting;Apr2014, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the visit made by Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker to investment casting firm Signicast Corp. in Hartford, Wisconsin as part of his "Brown Bag Tour" of state businesses as of April 2014.
- Work-Force Liberator Setting Bureaucracy Free. Lavigna, Robert J. // PA Times;Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p18
Profiles Wisconsin's Division of Merit Recruitment and Selection Head Robert J. Lavigna, an American Society for Public Administration member who was named one of the Public Officials of the Year by the 'Governing' magazine. Contributions to public personnel due to his fundamental attitude...
- Faster, cheaper, better: Wisconsin's Hoadley lauds Internet. // Bond Buyer;05/19/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30644, p26
Features an interview with Frank Hoadley, capital finance director for Wisconsin, about the state's practice of posting financial information on the Internet. Concept of suitability; Cost benefit; Growth of the Internet; Requirements imposed for continuing disclosure by the United States...
- Making The Best Grass Silage. Paulson, Nick // Hay & Forage Grower Exclusive Insight;2/24/2014, p1
The article presents the advice given by Dan Undersander, University of Wisconsin Extension forage specialist, on making good grass silage. Undersander advises producers to harvest high-quality forage, use the right type and amount of inoculant, and cover the product tightly. He also offers...
- EVEN EXECUTIVES NEED TRAINING. ROHDE, MARIE // Corporate Report Wisconsin;Nov2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p42
An interview with Steve King, director of executive education at the University of Wisconsin (UW) - Madison School of Business, is presented. Topics covered include the purpose of executive education programs, the popularity of project manager programs, information on the Family Business Center...
- University of Wisconsin Round II MOOCs for 2015. // Recruitment & Retention in Higher Education;Jan2015, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p3
An interview with Joshua Merrill, senior evaluator in academic technology of the University of Wisconsin (UW), is presented. Topics discussed by Merrill include his role in the university for the next set of the school's massive open online courses (MOOCs) for 2015, the kind of enrollment that...