For Sale: Tech/General Reference Publisher--Seller Very Motivated
- Hungry Minds Sale Inevitable. Malliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/21/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 21, p20
Reports on the lending agreement of Hungry Minds with its bank which obligates that the company must show that it is making a good faith effort to sell its business. Decline in revenues of the company for the second quarter of 2001; Sales of the company during the quarter; Appointment of...
- Who will gobble up Hungry Minds? Barlow, Saideh // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/28/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p1A
Reports that New York City-based computer books publisher Hungry Minds Inc. has declared itself for sale in the market. Impact of the sale on the publishing business of Indianapolis, Indiana; Potential buyers for the company; Speculations on the reasons behind the sale of the firm.
- Hungry Minds hunts for buyer. Barlow, Saideh // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/21/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p9
Reports plan of publisher Hungry Minds Inc. to sale its For Dummies series in Indianapolis, Indiana. Financial loss experienced by the company; Factors contributing to the sales decline; Impact of the sale on the company's employees and other branches.
- Hungry Minds Gets Bank Extension. // Publishers Weekly;8/6/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 32, p18
Reports that the banks of the company Hungry Minds had agreed to extend a waiver regarding certain loan covenants from July 31 to August 15, 2001. Reason for granting the extension; Speculation regarding the sale of the company.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;02/19/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p8
Presents news items related to publishers and publishing in the United States as of February 19, 2001. Financial performance of Simon & Schuster Inc. in the fourth quarter of 2000; Financial performance of Hungry Minds Inc. in the first quarter of 2001; Total revenues at McGraw-Hill during 2000.
- The Newest, oddest Couple: Wiley + Hungry Minds. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;8/20/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p1
Reports on publishing company, the John Wiley & Sons Inc.'s acquisition of Hungry Minds Inc. Background on the merging companies; Merger terms; Value of the merger; Benefits for the companies.
- Hungry Minds to Miss 1st-Qtr. Targets. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/1/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 1, p19
Reports on the projected sales and earnings target of Hungry Minds for the first quarter ended December 31, 2000. Details on the revenues; Reason for the publishing company's projected shortfall.
- Investor Prods Hungry Minds to Improve Results. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/8/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the purchase of shares of publisher, Hungry Minds by investor, Marathon Capital Management. Ways suggested to the publisher on how it can enhance shareholder value; Largest customer of Hungry Minds in 2000; Hungry Minds' publishing deal with the software firm, Red Hat.
- Shareholder May Be Hungry for a Sale, but Will Bidders Bite? Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p4
Deals with the possible sale of Hungry Minds Inc. Speculated plan of International Data Group (IDG) Inc. to purchase Hungry Minds; Business operations of IDG; Stock performance of Hungry Minds; Skepticisms on the purchase plan; Possible buyers of Hungry Minds.