Publishers Show First Sales Increase In Months For Adult Hardcovers
- Fiction notes. // Publishers Weekly;4/27/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 17, p47
Mentions several books being published in May 1998. `Midnight Magic: Selected Stories of Bobbie Ann Mason'; `The Rice Sprout Song,' by Eileen Chang; `When Memory Dies,' by A. Srivanandan; `The Last Innauguration,' by Charles Lichtman.
- Selling to the Spanish-Language Market in the U.S. Kiser, Karn // Publishers Weekly;9/13/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 37, p35
Surveys the market of Spanish-language books in the United States. Growing purchasing power of Spanish-speaking people in the United States; Challenges facing publishers, distributors and bookstores of Spanish-language books; Discussion on how they can market Spanish-language books effectively....
- Harry, Pokemon Were the Stars of '99. Roback, Diane // Publishers Weekly;4/10/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 15, p52
Reports the sales of bestselling books in 1999 in the United States. Status of the sales of children books; Details on the sales of paperbacks.
- IN THE LOOP.... // Book Publishing Report;7/16/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p7
Reports developments in the book publishing industry as of July 2001 in the United States. Forecast of publishing company Barnes and Noble in the possible decline of sales in comparable store; Sale of the book 'The Castle of the Flynns' by Michael Ralaigh to a british publisher; Acquisition of...
- What you don't know about publishing a book can take you from dream to nightmare overnight. Kathleen, Gage // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/3/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p9
The author discusses the different factors that authors should consider when publishing a book. She mentions the trend of publishing companies taking advantage of an aspiring author's dream and lack of knowledge. She discusses simple publishing definitions. She outlines the challenges of...
- Industry divided on returns issue. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Sep2000, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p4
Reports developments in publishing industry in Canada as of September 2000. Advantages of electronic ordering system; Implication of the abolition of returns in the industry; Position of publishers and independent booksellers on non-returnable basis of selling.
- Celebrating Holiday Sales. Howell, Kevin; Mutter, John; Tardiff, Jill A. // Publishers Weekly;1/17/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 3, p22
Reports on book sales for the 1999 holiday season. Increase in sales income of booksellers; Survey conducted by Publishers' Weekly on sales of publishing companies; Competition of traditional booksellers with book e-tailers; Factors for the increase in book sales; Popularity of gift...
- Why printers need readers to judge a book by its cover. Mardle, Pamela // PrintWeek;4/20/2012, p20
The article discusses the growing shift to the e-book market, warning of an upheaval in the publishing industry in the way books are bought, sold and produced. It notes that the volume of physical books being printed and sold is declining by 6.5% and is expected to continue, citing the rise in...
- M&S broadens promotional punch. Lahey, Anita // Quill & Quire;Mar1997, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p17
Reports on the promotional campaign of Canadian publisher McClelland & Stewart to expand its customer base and develop brand identity. Objectives of the company's marketing activities; Steps taken to enhance the promotional activity; Efforts to launch innovative rebate promotion campaigns to...