Pearson Financial Executive Tapped As Chairman Of Penguin Group
- Makinson On Becoming Penguin Group CEO: 'We Have Been Planning This For Some Time' // Book Publishing Report;4/29/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p5
Reports on the appointment of John Makinson as chief executive officer of Penguin Group in the U.S. Career background; Roles and responsibilities; Aim of increasing profitability.
- Makinson Named Penguin Chairman. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/21/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 21, p26
Reports on the appointment of John Makinson as chairman of the Penguin Group in 2001. Responsibilities of Makinson under his new role.
- Makinson New Penguin CEO. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 17, p10
Announces the appointment of John Makinson as chief executive officer of Penguin Group effective June 1, 2002. Duties of Makinson; Speculation on his appointment.
- Wan Says Chance To Get Back Into Educational Publishing Prompted Move To Harvard Business. // Book Publishing Report;4/22/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p2
Focuses on the decision of David Wan, president of the Penguin Group to take the position of chief executive officer for Harvard Business Publishing Corp. Statement of Wan on the position; Views on the appointment of John Makinson as chairman; Effect of the resignation of Wan on the structure...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;4/14/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p4
Focuses on the promotion of Julie Grau and Celina Spiegel as co-editorial directors with Penguin Group President Susan Petersen Kennedy.
- Wan to Succeed Lynton at Penguin Group. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/10/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 2, p9
Reports the appointment of David Wan as president of Penguin Group. Assignment of former Penguin chairman and chief executive officer, Michael Lynton; Other appointed chief executive officers of the operating companies under the Penguin Group.
- Wan new Penguin prez; Lynton ankles for AOL. Ault, Susanne // Daily Variety;01/06/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 23, p6
Announces the appointment of David Wan as president of publishing firm Penguin Group after Michael Lynton left the company to head up America Online's international division. Wan's responsibilities as president of the company; Wan's career background.
- JOHN MAKINSON. MILLIOT, JIM // Publishers Weekly;12/3/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 49, p23
The article discusses the business activities of John Makinson in 2012, Chairman of publishing company Penguin Group, including discussions of Penguin's merger with publishing company Random House, and his defense against charges that publishers were fixing electronic (e-book) prices.
- Penguin Posts Solid First Half, Looks to Increase Digital Presence. // Book Publishing Report;8/7/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Penguin Group in the U.S. The publishing company reported that its first-half 2006 revenue reached to $722 million from $658 million in 2005, while its adjusted operating profits increased from $32 million to $42 million. Penguin Online sales...