How To Get Your NonFiction Book On The List? Start With David Black
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE AGENTS/ Paperback Nonfiction. // Book Publishing Report;2/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p4
Provides the New York Times bestseller scorecard of literary agents, as of February 2003. Tina Bennett; Joan Foley; David Black; Henry Dunow; Andrew Blauner; Jennifer Rudolph Walsh.
- 2004 Paperback Nonfiction New York Times Top Literary Agents by No. of Titles. // Book Publishing Report;9/20/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p7
Presents a chart depicting the 2004 Paperback Nonfiction "New York Times" Top Literary Agents according to number of book titles in the U.S. as of September 19, 2004. David Black of Black Inc.; Chris Schelling of Ralph M. Vicinanza Ltd.; Tina Bennett of Janklow & Nesbit Associates company.
- 2005 Paperback Nonfiction Top Literary Agents by No. of Titles. // Book Publishing Report;5/16/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p8
The article focuses on top literary agents for paperback nonfiction books. The agents that have been listed are: David Black, Don Congdon, Robert Barnett, Owen Laster, Jane Dystel, Charlotte Sheedy, Anneli Hoier, Tina Bennett, John Brockman, Jed Mattes, John A. Ware, and Katinka Matson.
- Newspaper tycoon plans C$13bn refinery. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Oct2012, Issue 856, p6
The article reports on a proposal for the construction of an oil refinery in Kitimat, British Columbia by newspaper tycoon David Black.
- PEOPLE: Trinity Mirro. // Marketing Week;7/5/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p6
The article announces that David Black was promoted to group director of digital publishing at Trinity Mirror PLC.
- BLACK BUYS STAR-BULLETIN, BUT ALL NOT YET SMOOTH. // Quill;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p7
Announces that Canadian publisher David Black has reached an agreement in principle to buy the `Honolulu Star Bulletin' newspaper from Liberty Newspapers Ltd. Partnership and Garnett Co. Terms of the agreement; Problem encountered with rival publications; Support of the employees.
- Trinity Mirror relaunches sites with more interactive content. // New Media Age;6/28/2007, p3
The article announces the relaunching of Trinity Mirror's local newspaper Web sites. The "Liverpool Daily Post" and "Liverpool Echo" sites will be relaunched on June 27, 2007 while the other titles will go on live by the third quarter. According to David Black, the relaunching is an integral...
- A good agent is not hard to find... Schaffner, T. // Writer;Jan89, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p14
Report that the increased volume of submissions to editors has led to many publishers closing their doors to unagented material. Gives advice on finding a good agent to represent written work and suggests consulting publications aimed at helping find an agent.
- Everything you need to know about literary agents. Love, Nancy // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jan94, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p15
Comments on literary agents and offers advice to writers. Writers who don't need agents; Some of the services that agents perform for writers; Dealmaking and negotiating the contract; Pre-publication; Finding an agent; The American Society of Journalists and Authors; `Literary Marketplace'; More.