The Failure of Current Legal and Regulatory Mechanisms to Control Interstate Ozone Transport: The Need for New National Legislation
- Environmentally-Responsible Defluxing. Konrad, Michael // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Feb2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p58
Cleaning is on the rise and today it is possible to improve assembly reliability via cleaning-all while maintaining an environmentally- friendly configuration. Michael Konrad explains how.
- Rules and Regulations: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY. // Federal Register;12/17/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 242, p74590
The article presents the final rule on approval and promulgation of the state air quality implementation plans (SIP) for Indiana from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The EPA has approved Indiana's request to revise the ozone maintenance SIP on October 4, 2012 with no public comments...
- New Curbs on Cars. // Time;1/22/1973, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p93
The article offers information on the Clean Air Amendments of 1970 in the U.S. It says that the act was made by the U.S. Congress to set federal limits on fundamental air pollutants throughout the nation. It states that the act requires every state to report how they plan to follow the federal...
- The Clean Air Senate Showdown. Schneider, Erin // Our Planet: Weekly Newsletter of E Magazine;3/7/2010, p5
The article discusses the plan of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to implement new regulations for carbon polluters under the Clean Air Act. Part of the plan is to have a manageable timeline for new regulations for major carbon polluters while addressing global warming pollution...
- EPA cuts commute restrictions. // Crain's Chicago Business;8/22/94, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p38
Reports on the decision of the Environmental Protection agency to require action for ozone protection programs only during summer months.
- Ozone Layer Awareness Week: A lot not to like, and yet... W.J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/10/95, Vol. 195 Issue 11, p15
Editorial. Focuses on the US Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) announcement that September 16-23, 1995 as Ozone Layer Awareness Week in the country. Need for an organized propaganda campaign on ozone depletion; Criticisms regarding the EPA's efforts to influence school children about...
- New England fears huge bills will arrive on Western winds. Harrigan, Kate // Pollution Engineering;Sep98, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p20
Reports that the United States Environmental Protection Agency has decided to create rulings on the transportation of ozone in the Widwestern and Southern states. Requirements for ozone reduction regulations; Strategies proposed by the Ozone Transport Assessment Group for ozone reduction;...
- CFC-12 smuggling case nets 20-year prison term. Lorenzi, Neal // Professional Safety;Oct95, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) first case of an individual importing ozone depleting chemicals in the United States. Defendants' agreement to pay a customs licensed facility of $15,000; Maximim penalty of 20 years in prison and $2.2 million fines.
- EPA censors ozone warning. // Earth Island Journal;Spring94, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the US Environmental Protection Agency scientists' call on the agency to issue a public health warning about the record-low ozone levels. Refusal of the agency to act on the scientists demand; Ozone levels for 1993 and 1994.