Qualcomm Prevails In Lawsuits
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;7/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p21
Presents information on court cases regarding mutual trust and confidence, share options and sick leave in Great Britain as of July 2002. Transco PLC versus O'Brien; Mallone versus BPB Industries; Nkengfack versus London Borough of Southwark.
- Qualcomm files patent suit against Maxim. // RCR Wireless News;12/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p6
Reports on the move of Qualcomm Inc. to file for a patent infringement lawsuits against Maxim Integrated Products Inc. in U.S. federal court. Accusations of Qualcomm; Basis of its accusations.
- Brooks Sued by Shareholders. // Electronic News;6/5/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p33
The article reports on a shareholder derivative lawsuit filed against automation and integrated subsystems provider Brooks Automation Inc. in the Superior Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts on May 23, 2006. The lawsuit alleges Brooks of breaches of fiduciary duties and unjust enrichment...
- Xilinx Execs Sued Over Options. // Electronic News;6/12/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 24, p49
The article reports on the board of directors and certain officers at Xilinx Inc. who are the subjects of shareholder legal action over the backdating of stock options. The derivative complaint, which was filed with the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of California on June 2, 2006,...
- Vitesse proposes $10.2M settlement for stock option-related suits. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;10/15/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 42, p32
The article reports on the $10.2 million settlement proposed by integrated circuit maker Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. for stock option-related lawsuits. The company announced that it has entered into a proposed settlement of all federal securities class action claims that were filed against the...
- Ex-Freddie CEO Sues OFHEO Over Back Pay. // National Mortgage News;5/24/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the former Freddie Mac chairman and chief executive, Leland Brendsel against the U.S. Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight over withheld compensation. Earnings restatement scandal involving the company; Request by regulators for Freedie Mac to freeze all...
- ITC confirms Nokia win in Qualcomm legal fight. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;3/3/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the court ruling that Nokia's GSM/GPRS/EDGE mobile handsets do not infringe three Qualcomm patents. The International Trade Commission (ITC) said it will not review the decision of administrative law judge Paul J. Luckern. Qualcomm originally filed the ITC action in June...
- TI will contest Qualcomm claims. // RCR Wireless News;8/4/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p13
Reports that high-technology company Texas Instruments Inc. has vowed to contest a breach of contract lawsuit Qualcomm Inc. filed against the company. Comments from Texas Instruments on the allegations of Qualcomm; Motivation behind the lawsuit.
- Maxim Calls Qualcomm Suit a Publicity Stunt. // Electronic News;12/23/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 52, pN.PAG
Reports on the action taken by Maxim Integrated Products Inc. to a patent infringement lawsuit filed by Qualcomm Inc. as of December 23, 2002. Allegation of Qualcomm against Maxim; Statement from Maxim's general counsel Chuck Rigg on Qualcomm's lawsuit.