Surveying The 3G Landscape With Fear And Trepidation
- Wireless: The New Poster Child. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;06/11/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the role of the wireless industry in the 2001 SuperComm telecommunications trade show. Topics discussed by keynote speakers of the trade show; Assistance needed by the industry from the United States Federal Communications Commission; Optimism of industry executives.
- Show Wrap-up. // Wireless Week;03/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p17
Focuses on Wireless 2000, a conference of wireless Internet in the United States. Attendance of Wireless Data University in the conference; Discussion on wireless applications; Demand for short messaging services; Problems associated with handset uses; Forecasts on wireless Internet.
- 2001 Reasons To Celebrate. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p6
Assesses the CTIA Wireless 2001 trade show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Highlights of the event; Reasons for optimism of the event; Its significance to the telecommunication industry in the United States (U.S.); Impact of the decline of the U.S. economy to the industry.
- HP Optimistic About Enterprise Market. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the optimism of participants at the 2002 Enterprise Wireless Forum Conference and Exposition in Santa Clara, California about the enterprise market. Percentage of enterprises that will increase their wireless spending by more than ten percent in 2002, according to John Desmond of...
- Financial Companies Underscore PCIA's Future. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;9/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 36, p6
Previews the PCIA GlobalXChange 2001 wireless communication industry convention to be held in September 2001 in Los Angeles, California. Features of the event; Guest speakers; Purpose of the meeting.
- Here's Why Marketers Are Flocking to Mobile World Congress in Spain. Heine, Christopher // Adweek;3/6/2015, p1
The article offers information on the 28th annual Mobile World Congress held in Barcelona, Spain in March 2015 which featured technology, marketing and other digital industry professionals. topics discussed include views of Matt Mulderink, director at Starcom MediaVest Group, on this conference,...
- It takes a village... // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;6/25/2015, p1
The article focuses on a meeting held every year between members of the International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) and IWCE Advisory to plan IWCE. Topics discussed include feedback received by the team from the board on trends of the industry, changes in critical-communications technology...
- Little people talking big. Lynch, Grahame // Wireless Asia;Apr2002, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p30
Presents a commentary on global conferences of telecom officials. Criticism on telecom regulators conference in Geneva; Suggestion on considering the proposal of Cameroon's Istanbul telecom; Success on the technology of cellular industry.
- Mobile vision. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p1
The article highlights a discussion on the development of mobile video at a seminar during the Cable Telecommunications and Internet Association Wireless I.T. & Entertainment 2006. The event--sponsored by RCR Wireless News and its sister publication, TelevisionWeek--featured a panel of TV...