- Hidden fees: one reporter's tale. Carter, Adrienne // Money;Mar2001, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p138
Discusses hidden fees associated with cellular phone service. How Verizon Wireless can extend a contract for 12 months if there is a change in plans or minutes; Advice on how to avoid contract disputes.
- Operator Paths to 4G. // Wireless Week;Feb2010, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p9
The article offers updates on the plans and developments related to fourth generation (4G) network services of wireless communication carriers in the U.S. including Verizon Wireless, AT & T Inc., and T-Mobile USA Inc.
- Analysis ranks Tucson mobile phone service providers. McNamara, Patrick // Inside Tucson Business;2/1/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p6
The article focuses on the analysis made by RootMetrics on the mobile service providers in three areas of call, text and data, which include Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint in the Tucson region.
- AT&T won't bid for Vodafone. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/28/2014, pA02
The U.S. wireless giant ruled out a bid for
- Canadian Union Attacks Possible Verizon Investment in Mobile Network. // Telecom Mergers & Acquisitions;Jul2013, p6
The article reports on the opposition of Canadian labor union against the possible entry of U.S.-based broad and telecommunications company Verizon Communications Inc. in Canada's telecommunication market. It states that Verizon has expressed plan to buy of one of the smaller mobile networks,...
- Verizon leads Fresno's mobile carriers. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/26/2013, Issue 324641, p6
The article reports that mobile carrier Verizon Communications Inc. has led the third Root Score Report on mobile performance conducted by RootMetrics in Fresno, California in April 2013.
- Like the '70s, bundled offerings are hip again. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/12/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the effort of Verizon Communications Inc. to tie its services together by introducing its Veriations All service packages in August 2002 for customers in New York and Massachusetts. Percentage of its wireline customer base covered by the end of November 2002; Information on other...
- Cell-phone service: Prepaid pays off. // Consumer Reports;Sep2009, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p10
The article discusses cellular telephone services, particularly prepaid cellphone plans. The article focuses on 152 plans that were available in June 2009, including from AT&T, Boost Mobile, and Verizon Wireless. It is inferred that prepaid plans are cheaper for the most part, but that families...
- Service Charge. Luckerson, Victor // Time;1/27/2014, Vol. 183 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses several wireless telecommunication carriers such as T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint that are reportedly fighting over customers in the U.S. as of January 2014, focusing on cell phone contracts and market competition. According to the article, T-Mobile has decided to eliminate...