Nose To The Grindstone
- Lucent plans impact study on wireless. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;11/27/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p39
Focuses on the launching of a research project by Lucent Technologies Inc. to study the impact of wireless communication systems on the Internet. Amount of investment made by lucent for the global research programs; Institutions selected to participate in the impact study.
- Looking for product fat at Lucent. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;1/23/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p12
The article analyzes the alternatives that could help Lucent Technologies Inc. to spring back to normalcy after the recent financial setback. Analysts have suggested having more customers and doing away with its access business. Moreover, it cannot be expected to abandon voice over Internet...
- New Tools Help Track Wireless Roamers. Poe, Robert // America's Network;5/1/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p12
This article focuses on the introduction of new tools to help track wireless roamers. Lucent Technologies Inc. has announced that it had upgraded its "Super Distributed Home Location Register" wireless customer data management system. The new version is compatible with IP Multimedia Subsystem...
- Lucent Moves To The Great Outdoors. // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p32
Introduces the New Wave-ACCESS point-to-point and point-to-multipoint outdoor wireless networking system from Lucent Technologies. Features of the technology; How the system operates; Benefits to network managers.
- Stringing Communications Together. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p18
Reports that telecommunication companies are rolling out unified messaging or universal communications applications to smaller users in hopes of breathing life into a newborn market that includes connections with wireless services. Projection on the revenue for universal communications-based...
- Lucent program tests applications for compatibility. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;06/22/98, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p9
Announces that Lucent Technologies Incorporated has added applications to its Cooperative Innovations alliance program. Objectives of the additional applications; How the applications' compatibility was tested; Corporate information on the company.
- Lucent provides GSM efficiency. // RCR;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p10
Reports on the plan of Lucent Technologies Inc. to deliver PacketGSM, a technology that will allow voice and data to travel within a Global System for Mobile communications.
- Lucent Details Its Future. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;11/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p14
Reports that Lucent Technologies Inc. has no plans to provide products using enhanced data rates for global evolution (EDGE) technology. Markets Lucent is targeting instead; Analyst reaction to Lucent's move; Why Lucent will focus on data-first products.
- Lucent will equip Taiwan operators. // RCR;11/03/97, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p12
States that Lucent Technologies Incorporated deployed the initial phase of Taiwan's first national Global System for Mobile communications 1800 MHz network, when it connected networks for KG Telecom and Tuntex Telecom. Number of installations already made by Lucent; Details on KG Telecom and...