- 'More than a Labor Issue'. Biederman, David // Traffic World;9/17/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 38, p29
Reports the setting up of informational pickets and strikes by the pilots of Emery Worldwide in California. Issues on layoffs and alleged violations of union contracts; Actions taken by the members of the Airline Pilots Association (ALPA); Views of Mark Luthi, chairman of ALPA on the pickets.
- The battle of New Orleans. Plume, Janet // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/5/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p33
Reports on the decision of port drivers in New Orleans, Louisiana to walkout in April 2003. Reason behind the move; Effect of the incident on the container volume of the port; Comments from port hauler Ron Carvey.
- Possible Strike a 'Non-Event' for Colorado RTD's Outstanding Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p4
Reports on the impact of possible strike by union of Denver, Colorado-based Regional Transportation District (RTD) on outstanding bonds. Reason for the strike; Demands raised by the union officials to RTD; Causes of lower sales tax revenues.
- Ports Playing Hardball. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p1
Reports the impact of the work slowdowns due to lockouts on the economy in San Francisco, California. Resolutions between the International Longshore and Warehouse Union; Estimated costs of the lockouts on national economy; Emphasis on the negotiations between parties on private sector.
- L.A. MTA Strike. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/25/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31003, p7
Reports on the strike by bus and train operators and mechanics in Los Angeles, California. Concerns of holders of bonds of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transit Authority.
- KQ pilot strike. // Travel Daily;10/12/2016, p6
The article reports on the strike to be staged by Kenya Airways pilots starting October 18, 2016 to protest the airline's poor management as described by the Kenya Airline Pilots Association (KALPA).
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p29
Reports developments related to bonds and the bond market in the Southeastern States of the United States as of May 2001. Passage of bills by the Legislature to fund stadium construction in Alabama; Sale of revenue bonds by Moody's Investors Service in Georgia; Debate over the establishment of...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // People Management;3/11/2010, p8
This section offers world news briefs including the reduction of bonuses of civil servants in Greece by 30% and the strike action by pilots at German airline Lufthansa.
- Aer Lingus strike ends. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/10/2002, Issue 2517, p4
Reports the end of the strike staged by pilots of Aer Lingus in June 2002.