Fairfax County, Va., Weighs Imposing Development Fees
- `Fee-dumb'. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/15/97, Issue 322199, p26
Editorial. Criticizes the development fees charged against real estate developers in Fresno, California. Comparison of the fee charged to those charged in nearby counties and cities; Impact of such fees on industrial and office development in the city; Suggestions to solve the problem.
- Impact of fees. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/29/96, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p4A
Reports that the town of Hudson in New Hampshire may adopt school-related impact fees similar to that of its Nashua neighbors. Endorsement of a consultant's report recommending the imposition of impact fees to help defray the costs for construction of a new elementary or middle school; Charge...
- Issue of impact fees needs quick resolve. // Inside Tucson Business;7/31/95, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p4
Editorial. Asserts the need to thresh out differences of views on the development impact fee. Issues on the impact fee; Issue on the three road improvement projects; Stand of County officials; Need to address future transportation concerns.
- Proposed impact fees would shut out potential home buyers, builders say. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;8/21/95, Vol. 5 Issue 21, p1
Discusses the effect to Tucson, Arizona homebuyers of the imposition of impact fees. Shift in the formula for qualifying homebuyers; Number of people shut out by adding to $1,000 to a home value at $175,000; Purpose of the impact fees according to County Administrator Chuck Huckleberry.
- Developers fear effects of commercial impact fees. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;9/11/95, Vol. 5 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the reactions of developers over the possible effects of the proposed imposition of impact fees in Tucson, Arizona. More onerous nature of the impact fees than residential fees; Factors affecting impact fees; Estimated price range of the fees; Absence of economic study on the fees;...
- Impact fees at forefront in District 3 race. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;11/04/96, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p9
Discusses the prospects and consequences of impact fees on real estate in Pima County, Arizona. Impact fees as an election issue in the battle for membership in the Pima County Board of Directors; Assessment of full costs; Possibility of developers passing the costs on buyers.
- Arizona home builders may pay new school tab. Axtman, Kris // Christian Science Monitor;9/13/96, Vol. 88 Issue 203, p4
Reports on the proposal in Arizona to make home builders pay an `impact fee' for the construction of new schools. Comments from Phoenix Mayor Skip Rimsza; Features of the school impact fees program.
- Woods Cross City may raise impact fees. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;06/09/97, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p16
Focuses on the possibility of increasing impact fees in Woods Cross, Utah due to city council votes on existing infrastructure. Allocation of fees for necessary facilities; Commissioning of Tischler & Associates to determine the condition of present infrastructure; Concern on cities' capability...
- The impact of impact fees. Hamlin, Jo Ann // New Mexico Business Journal;Aug95, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p52
Reports on the impact fee collected from home builders in Albuquerque, New Mexico as a way for the town to raise funds for growth-related infrastructure improvements. Implications to home pricing; Impact fees as a perceived strategy to control city growth; Urban sprawl as a consequence;...