Educators Applaud as Newly Inked Oklahoma School Budget Tops $2 Billion
- Teacher Pay, Charters Top Oklahoma Action. Ash, Katie // Education Week;6/13/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p21
The article focuses on the aspects of the Oklahoma state budget related to education. Teachers' salaries will increase as well as funding for Oklahoma Teachers' pension program. The state legislature also passed a measure allowing charter schools in certain districts to seek sponsorship and...
- Trying to Stand Firm on Some Shaky Financial Ground. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, SOUTH WEST p34
Reports on public finance conditions of Oklahoma as of March 3, 2003. Variation in the state's revenue during 1998-2001; Amount of bonds issued in various sectors; Proposed bonds issues in 2003.
- Oklahoma passes budget. // State Government News;May2001, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p9
Reports that Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating has signed the state's fiscal 2001 general appropriations bill into law.
- Untitled. // Education Week;8/4/93, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p33
Summarizes final action by legislatures on education-related issues. California; Indiana; Maine; Minnesota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Pennsylvania; Vermont; West Virginia; Governor; FY 01994 state budget; K-12 budget for FY 1994 and 1993; Percent change in K-12 budget; Highlights.
- Oklahoma lawmaker wants new debt-service source. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;05/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30646, p4
Cites the proposal of Oklahoma state Senator Stratton Taylor to change the funding source for $300 million of highway bonds from general fund appropriations to federal highway funds. Aim to free up general fund money to pay for public school programs; Allotment of general fund money to repay...
- Oklahoma streamlines in budget cuts. Smith, Ron // Southwest Farm Press;8/7/2003, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p9
Deals with the budget cut made by state legislators for the Oklahoma Extension Service and Experiment Station in 2003. Comments from Dave Foster, associate director of the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service; Plans announced by the Oklahoma State University College of Agriculture; Impact of...
- Oklahoma Raising $115M for Water Projects. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;11/23/2015, p1
Oklahoma plans to price $115 million of revolving fund revenue bonds to replenish its loan pool for local water utilities.
- 2011 Legislative Session Wrap-Up. Adkins, scott // Oklahoma Dental Association Journal;Jul2011, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p10
The article offers summary of issues decided during the 2011 legislative session in Oklahoma. It says that the House and Senate agreed to a 2012 budget that introduces cuts in all government areas including a 97.4 million dollars cut in common education. The Legislature also passed a package of...
- Hillcrest HealthCare Among Oklahoma Hospitals Getting Extra Funding. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;02/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31085, p3
Focuses on Oklahoma Senate's approval of a measure that would provide millions of dollars of supplemental appropriations for the state's teaching hospitals. Oklahoma House of Representatives' consideration of the measure; Lobbying efforts by Hillcrest Healthcare System.