MuniAuction sues Thomson Financial over Patent
- I-Deal Injunction Temporarily Stayed. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/3/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32684, p1
The article reports on the decision of Judge Haldane Robert Mayer of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit regarding the patent infringement case involving i-Deal LLC and MuniAuction Inc. in the U.S. Mayer temporarily set aside the permanent injunction issued by a lower court until...
- City fights business rates rebate. Metcalfe, Christian // Estates Gazette;11/29/2008, Issue 847, p24
The article reports on a writ filed by business information provider Thomson Financial at the high court of Great Britain demanding the city of London Corporation to pay Â£800,000 for overcharging rates. This is the second claim received by the City of London Corp. from a corporate occupier...
- ADDITIONAL DEVELOPMENTS--PATENT. // Berkeley Technology Law Journal;Annual Review 2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p227
Reports on the decision of U.S courts on cases involving patent infringement. Effect of language found only in the preamble on the scope of a claim; Invalidation of a patent under the on-sale bar; Patent claim narrowed by representation made in the prosecution history.
- Trudel to form. Trudel, John D. // Electronic Design;09/02/97, Vol. 45 Issue 19, p80R
Opinion. Focuses on the support given during the Patent Wars. Comments from Patent Commissioner Bruce Lehman; Information on the bills in Congress, H.R. 400 and S. 507; Contact information.
- Applied in court again; Novellus counterpunches. Erkanat, Judy // Electronic News;06/30/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2174, p10
Focuses on the two patent infringement lawsuits filed in the United States. Novellus Systems Inc. against Applied Materials Inc.; Applied Materials Inc. against Varian Associates Inc.
- Bright ideas. Edmark, Tomima // Entrepreneur;Nov97, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p102
Focuses on patent infringement lawsuit while highlighting how persons can protect their most valuable asset. Reference to a 1997 Economic Survey by the American Intellectual Property Law Association (IPLA); Information on the United States Patent and Trademark Office (PTO); Listing of attacks...
- What to do with hot patent potato. Chen, Peter // Electronic News;04/06/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2213, p8
Editorial. Presents the steps on how alleged `infringers' can deal with notice of patent enforcement. Includes obtaining a copy of the patent; Retention of a patent counsel; Need for a formal opinion of non-infringement or invalidity; Drawbacks of product changes and negotiating with the...
- On guard! Edmark, Tomima // Entrepreneur;Aug1997, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p92
Presents advice on how businesses can prevent patent infringement. Role of the United States Patent and Trade Office; Examination of some patent infringement laws; Procedure for filing a patent infringement lawsuit.
- Non-infringing alternatives make their way into Canadian law. Crowne, Emir // Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice;Dec2015, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p989
The article reports that the Canadian Federal Court of Appeal endorsed the relevance of non-infringing alternatives focused on assessing patent damages.