Bank One's Makeover
- Jamie Dimon Shows A Fresh Face to the Nation. de Paula, Matthew // U.S. Banker;Dec2002, Vol. 112 Issue 12, p32
Focuses on the advertising campaign of Bank One in Chicago, Illinois. Decision of the company to conclude its association with First USA; Details on the teaser rates offered to consumers; Use of real customers in the advertising campaign.
- Supreme Court agrees to hear case on bank's suit over bounced check. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/10/95 - 7/17/95, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p14
Reports that the US Supreme Court has agreed to hear Bank One Chicago's argument to decide whether banks can sue each other in federal court over disputes on customers' bounced checks.
- LATE NEWS. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/22/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p1
Reports developments on minority business enterprises in the United States as of October 2001. Withdrawal of Chicago-based Bank One to purchase Dearborn Center; Negotiations to purchase the assets of J&P Holdings Inc.; Deadline for the decision of the Joint Strike Fighter project.
- The Devil's in The Details. // Credit Union Magazine;Feb2004, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p17
Looks into the strategic approach of Jamie Dimon, chairman and CEO of Bank One Chicago NA to improve the company's services. Plan of Bank One to reward its top performers; Consolidation of its multiple loan, deposit and other systems; Elimination of corporate staffing models.
- Supreme Court may let federal judges decide interbank check-clearing cases. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;11/29/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 229, p1
Reports on the United States Supreme Court's consideration of giving federal courts jurisdiction over interbank check-clearing disputes. Argument by Bank One Chicago and the Justice Department that Congress intended for federal judges to resolve the conflicts; Bank One's lawsuit against Midwest...
- Cost comparison between a BA and a note. Russell, Lawrence C. // ABA Banking Journal;Mar1984, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p110
Focuses on the role of quality to get desired response from corporate treasurers and cash managers. Reason of corporations changing cash management; Creation of First Chicago of four-part program to track performance; Measurement of the soundness of marketing strategy.
- Service quality: The ultimate differentiator. Morrall, Katherine // Bank Marketing;Oct94, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p33
Looks at the implementation of service quality programs at First Chicago Bank, Compass Bank, Marquette Bancshares Inc. and Wachovia Bank. Importance of service quality in differentiating banks from their competitors; Infrastructure, training and organization, and development components of...
- What Works on Webs @ Banks. Gerson, Vicki // Bank Marketing;Mar1999, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p20
Discusses the importance of Websites to financial institutions in the United States. Percentage of all financial institutions that have some sort of Website; Initial purpose of the First Chicago Bank in putting up its Website; Goal of any Website according to Kristin Tavas, vice president of...
- The merger victims. // Crain's Detroit Business;12/11/95, Vol. 11 Issue 50, p30
Reports on the victims of the merger of NBD Bancorp Inc. with First Chicago Bank and Michigan National Bank with National Australia Bank Ltd.