PERSONAL BEHAVIOR IN THE PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL INTERVIEW
- Utilizing Feedback and Goal Setting to Increase Performance Appraisal Interviewer Skills of Managers. Nemeroff, Wayne F.; Cosentino, Joseph // Academy of Management Journal;Sep79, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p566
A field experiment was conducted to compare the effectiveness of two approaches to improving the way managers handle performance appraisal interviews with their subordinates. The results showed that the feedback plus goal setting condition was superior to the feedback-only condition and to the...
- The Savior Complex. SEGLIN, JEFFREY L. // Inc.;Feb99, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p67
Focuses on the role of executives in helping employees whose personal problems interfere with their job performance. Information on the story of an alcoholic employee; Disadvantages of helping employees with their personal problem.
- The prima donna. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;Jan1998, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p27
Discusses how managers should deal with employees. Responsibilities of the manager; Reactions of a manager when the company has a declining profit; Examples of manager's excessive tolerance of employees which affects the performance of other employees; Good behaviors that managers exemplify.
- How to conduct clear, effective staff evaluations. Capko, Judy // Urology Times;12/1/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p14
The author discusses the methods in administering effective and concise evaluations for employees. Methods include a well-written and accurate job description, well-versed performance evaluation rating mechanism and report, and salary guidelines for different position. Inasmuch, it cites the...
- assignment reviews (ars): moving toward measuring your most valuable asset. Busi, Donald C. // Supervision;Jan2005, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p3
Discusses the function of job assignment reviews. Use of job description; Problems associated with the failure of employees to perform job assignments; Causes of the disconnect between assignments expected from the employee to perform.
- Human Capital Infrastructure. Greenstein, Jay // ACA News (American Chiropractic Association);Sep2012, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p30
The article report on the benefits that chiropractors can find from developing an employee handbook, training manuals and checklists and job descriptions for their employees and from learning to conduct effective employee performance evaluations. The role that the development of a good human...
- Effective Employee Evaluations. Jones, Rebecca // ACA News (American Chiropractic Association);Oct2008, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p16
The article focuses on the effective ways of evaluating employees in a chiropractic office. It explores keeping job descriptions updated by writing those things the personnel want and expects to an employee to perform then appraise them according to performance, objectively and quantifiably....
- Avoiding Common Job Description Mistakes. Patton, Matthew T. // AMT Events;Sep2013, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p142
No abstract available.
- THE CHALLENGE OF HUMAN MANAGEMENT. Gornitzka, Reuben // SAM Advanced Management Journal (00360805);Fall71, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p34
Presents an excerpt of a speech which deals with the challenges facing skilled managers on personnel management issues in the United States. Information on management responsibilities; Basic elements involved in skilled management.