- Camellias in containers. Bond, E. Ray // American Nurseryman;11/1/93, Vol. 178 Issue 9, p26
Discusses the cultivation of camellias in containers. Best container size; Soil and drainage requirements; Watering; Fertilization; Pruning directions; Environmental requirements; Monitoring for pests and diseases.
- Ask an expert: Caring for camellias. Griffin, Christine Kidder; Mizell, Max // New Orleans Magazine;Jan99, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p40
Answers several questions about camellias. Varieties that grow well in Louisiana; Types of fertilizers for camellias; Factors that negatively affect camellias.
- PESTS, DISEASES AND DISORDERS: Camellia problems. Barter, Guy; Dickerson, Tony; Halsall, Lucy; Halstead, Andrew; Prior, Chris // Garden;Mar2002, Vol. 127 Issue 3, p218
Looks at the man pests, disease and disorders of Camellia.
- PRUNING CAMELLIAS. Hotchkiss, Betty // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jan89, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p28
Presents tips on pruning camellias. Enhancement of vigor and improvement of blossoming; Pruning of camellias after the bloom period; Equipment needed; Technique for pruning a very old camellia; Removal of all dead branches and any that grow inward; Selective removal of excess buds to improve...
- Camellia passion. // Garden;Feb2008, Vol. 133 Issue 2, p136
The article discusses the Sausmarez Manor Subtropical Woodland Garden on Bailiwick of Guernsey in the Channel Islands, England. The author states that the owner Peter de Sausmarez and his parents have a love for camellia flowers and their garden features more than 300 of them. Some of the...
- CLASSIC Camellias. Stewart, Angus // Australian Table;May2003, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p150
Offers a guide on growing camellias. Advantages of growing camellias; Information on the varieties of camellias; Suggestions on maintaining camellias.
- Acid colours from acid lovers. // Garden;Mar2008, Vol. 133 Issue 3, p206
The article recommends several gardens in England that feature camellias, magnolias and rhododendrons. The Exbury Gardens is located at the New Forest National Park in Hampshire. This 80 hectares woodland garden famous for its rhododendrons but also with large collections of camellias and...
- Growing camellias in pots. // Garden;Mar2013, Vol. 138 Issue 3, p30
The article offers advice on the gardening practice of growing camellias in pots which include the use of black plastic pots, application of controlled-release fertiliser pellets as well as ericaceous or high-potassium liquid feed and repotting after flowering.
- Pinetum Park picks top winter plants. // Horticulture Week;10/28/2011, p4
The article informs about a list drawn up by the gardeners of Pinetum Park of the top five winter plants including Camellia sasanqua, Daphne bholua and Cornus alba.