Catching The Wireless Web Wave
- Sprint PCS To Scrutinize Samsung Infrastructure. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p3
Reports the agreement of Sprint PCS to test the 3G prototype version of three base transceiver stations of Samsung Telecommunications America Inc. Details on the business operations of Samsung; Significance of the test to Sprint PCS; Reactions of industry observers.
- Samsung, Sprint PCS unveil handset. // RCR Wireless News;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p17
Reports that Sprint PCS and Samsung Telecommunications America unveiled the Samsung SPH-N200 handset for Sprint's wireless network in July 2001. Colors and features of the cellular phone.
- Making money online. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p41
Focuses on the combination of Internet applications and wireless technologies. Evaluation of the business plans of Internet and wireless technologies; Overview of the report `Creating the New World Wireless Operator'; Business models established by Sprint PCS company. INSET: Briefly.
- Wireless' uncertain future. Phipps, Jennie L. // Electronic Media;12/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p38
Focuses on the speed and reliability of wireless Internet connections in the United States. Speed rate of Sprint PCS Internet access service; Disadvantages of using wireless Internet access; Views on wireless communications in other countries.
- Wireless Web: A Year Later. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;09/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 36, p1A
Focuses on the Wireless Internet service offered by the United States telecommunication carrier, Sprint PCS. Way of measuring the success of the Wireless Web; Estimated revenue per subscriber per month contributed by the Wireless Web; Emerging Wireless Web trends.
- Under IT's radar. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;1/21/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p49
Discusses concerns over providing corporate users remote wireless access to the networks of companies. Comparison to the use of handheld devices; Implications for the role of the information technology department; Information on the Sprint PCS Business Connection Personal Edition wireless...
- Expert says voice will merge with data on the web. Cruz, Sherri // Las Vegas Business Press;10/19/98, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p16
Presents a roundup of developments in the high tech sector of Nevada recent to October 19, 1998. Includes Wireless Internet & Mobile Computing president Alan Reiter's speech on the merger of the Internet and the wireless industry; Sprint PCS' personal communications service.
- Caught In Sprint's Wireless Web. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;03/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on the issue of Web privacy to wireless Internet users of Sprint PCS. Transmission of Sprint PCS' customers' mobile identification numbers to Internet sites; Reaction of users to the action taken by DoubleClick, Sprint's Internet advertising solutions agency.
- Sprint Wireless Web enhancements ready for holiday push. Bruno, Antony // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p8
Reports on additions made by Sprint PCS to its Wireless Web service that are designed to target the consumer market.