Vendor Financing Becomes Extinct
- Vendor Financing Delivers Needed Windfall. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;11/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p20
Reports that competitive local exchange carriers are increasingly turning to vendor financing to aid in their network buildouts. Winstar Communications Inc.'s financing package; How Lucent Technologies has been using financing; How to determine companies' creditworthiness.
- Time for an upgrade. Lester, Robert // Marketing Week;6/30/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p37
Features mobile phone manufacturer, Motorola Inc., in the U.S. Financial performance; Company history; Review of its global media account.
- Telecom firms hope new leadership will implement turnarounds. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;1/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the appointment of executives in the wireless communications industry as of January 14, 2002. Patricia Russo as president and chief executive at Lucent Technologies Inc.; Chris Galvin as chief executive at Motorola Inc.; Michael Treschow as chairman of Ericsson.
- Lucent offers $2 billion to WinStar. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;10/26/98, Vol. 235 Issue 17, p8
Informs about WinStar Communications Inc.'s plan to expand its buildout strategy using the equipment financing from Lucent Technologies Inc. Aim to complete a 40-city buildout and realize positive cash outflow by 2000; Aspects of WinStar's deal with Lucent; Network design, integration, buildout...
- WinStar branches out with switching systems. // Telephony;8/05/96, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the agreement between Lucent Technologies and WinStar Communications to provide 5ESS switching systems for expansion.
- Lucent and WinStar to build $2-billion fiber and wireless network. RICHARDS, KATHLEEN // Lightwave;Dec98, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the project agreement between WinStar Communications Inc. and Lucent Technologies. Overview of the project; Agreement of WinStar with Metromedia Fiber; Condition under the agreement; Comments from William J. Rouhana Jr., WinStar's chairman and chief executive officer.
- Flush with cash, telecom upstart has big dreams. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;01/25/99, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on the expansion plans of telecommunication start-up WinStar Communications Inc. of Manhattan, New York. WinStar's deal with Lucent Technologies Inc. for equipment financing; Potential to become a global telephone services provider; Aim to increase presence in the United States to 45...
- Lucent, WinStar enter enterprise data agreement. // RCR;05/03/99, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p31
Cites the agreement of WinStar Communications Inc. to resell Lucent Technologies Inc.'s entire portfolio of enterprise data networking products.
- WinStar Sees A Win-Win From Lucent Windfall. Culver, Denise // Inter@ctive Week;11/09/98, Vol. 5 Issue 44, pI-10
Reports that Winstar Communications Incorporated secured a financing commitment from Lucent Technologies Incorporated. Terms of the agreement; Implications of the gain of Lucent to the finances of Northern Telecom Limited and Siemens Telecom Networks company; Comments from Lucent.