Unified Messaging Pays Off For Comverse
- Comverse develops prepaid architecture. // Telephony;11/09/98, Vol. 235 Issue 19, p52
Reports that Comverse has designed a distributed prepaid wireless services platform that involves deploying platforms in multiple sites that are managed from a centralized facility.
- In Other News... // Wireless Review;04/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p12
Presents news briefs related to the wireless communication in the United States as of April 1999. Acquisition of Amarex Technology by Comverse Technology; Launch of Personal Communicaiton Service by 3 Rivers Wireless.
- SHORT TAKES. // Wireless Week;6/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p28
Presents news briefs on the wireless telecommunication industry as of June 24, 2002. Release of the Impact value-added services solution from Comverse Technology Inc.; Completion of Airborne Express and Motorola's pilot test and initial deployment of wireless handheld data system; Installation...
- Breaking News. // Wireless Week;08/16/99, Vol. 5 Issue 33, p3
Presents news briefs about new products, projects and mergers in the wireless communications industry as of August 1999. Acquisition of InTouch Systems Inc. by Comverse Technology Inc.; Merger between Lucent Technologies and International Network Services; Introduction of Yahoo! Mobile by Yahoo!...
- Who's that Reading Your Voice Mail? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;5/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p19
Presents information on the plan of wireless voice mail companies to offer visual voice mail services in the U.S. Advantages of using visual voice mail; Information on the contracts signed by company Comverse with wireless carriers to deploy visual voice mail; Background on the operations of...
- Peering Into the Crystal Ball: Analysts Take on Pricing Plans of the Future. Ramsay, Maisie // Wireless Week;11/1/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p20
The article focuses on the advance planning of wireless operators in the U.S. for pricing of products due to factors such as net neutrality, network congestion, and the rising disparity between data traffic and revenue. James Brehm of Frost & Sullivan Ltd. states that many have been using tiered...
- Products. // Global Wireless;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p32
Introduces several wireless communication products. S200 dualband Global System for Mobile Communications mobile phone from Sendo; Benefon Exion handset for NMT 450i services from Benefon; Mobile Portal from Comverse Technology.
- Data firms slug through quarter. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p4
Looks at the earnings report of a variety of wireless data companies for the third quarter of 2001. Profit posted by AvantGo Inc.; Sales expectations of Comverse for the quarter; Net loss posted by I3 Mobile.
- Comverse ringing up heady gains in market. Fung, Amanda // Crain's New York Business;7/18/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p4
The article reports that wireless carriers are locked in a costly arms race to entice customers by adding alluring new features to cell phones, and that's great news for Comverse Technology Inc. The Manhattan-based maker of telecom software that lets carriers provide advanced services, like text...