What's your business worth?
- Knowing when to sell. Rattle, Tom // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;02/01/99, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p14
Offers advice to business owners who are considering selling their business. Evaluation of the company's reasons to sell; Reassessment of the firm's long-term prospects and potential; Factor to consider when calculating the company's worth.
- Selling traditional businesses is still possible in downturn. Applegate, Jane // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/13/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p39A
States that owners of traditional, non-Internet businesses in the United States are finding their companies attractive to buyers. Losses derived by investors on unwise Internet industry deals; Reasons why small to medium-sized transactions are typically not affected in an economic downturn;...
- Selling your biz? First find out what it's worth. Genn, Adina // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/29/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 54, p23A
Answers questions on the issues to consider before selling a business. Determination of what the business is worth; Ways to improve the sales closure rate; Complexities of valuating intangible assets; Identification of regulations, laws or industry standards that would affect the sale.
- Some tips on selling your business. // Finance Week;8/10/2001, p46
Presents tips on selling a business enterprise. Manner of pricing a business; Continuation of operations during selling negotiations; Value of experts and professionals to guarantee confidentiality.
- How to Think About Selling Your Business. Simpson, Wayne A. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/11/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 38, p11
The author discusses several factors to consider when selling a business, including determining when is the right time to sell, the business value and seeking professional help.
- Valuations not meeting owners' high expectations. Tarbous, Ken // njbiz;6/11/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p16
The article discusses the disconnect between seller's expectation and the reality of business value that is causing problems for financing the sale of businesses in New Jersey.
- What's Your Practice Worth? Hutcheson, James Olan; Durham, Gary Michael // Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p94
Offers several strategies which can improve the market value of a financial advisory business. Techniques for increasing the value of business through its assets; Operational strategies; Ways to determine the value of business.
- Sale considerations. Lane, Bruce; Forman, David // Beverage World;Jun95, Vol. 114 Issue 1593, p92
Examines the strategies for valuing the business for sale. Technique of negotiations; Method of valuation of a business enterprise; Consideration of earnings before interest and taxes; ; Benchmarking for value; Creation of additional value; Other factors to consider in selling a business venture.
- How to build value. Hall, John R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/20/2000, Vol. 209 Issue 12, p1
Discusses the highlights of a seminar given by Thomas Pierce and Co. executive Jay Tiedeberg, on how heating, ventilation, and air conditioning contractors can make their company look attractive to potential buyers. Impact of the consolidation trend on independent contractors; Factors that...