Raw deal for Heal's leads to MBO plan
- Memorial Day sales flat. Engel, Clint; Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;6/3/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p1
Reports furniture sales conditions during Memorial Day in the U.S. Culpability of the weather; Impact of deferred interest and payment options; Effect of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- KoFurn expects more growth for Oct. run. // Furniture/Today;8/5/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p17
Reports on the expectation on sales growth by the KoFurn International Furniture & Woodworking Machinery Fair in South Korea. Role of KoFurn in bridging China and Japan market; Number of manufacturers expected to participate; Increase in the furniture export.
- Retailers write orders in Calgary. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p2
Reports on the outcome of the Market Showplace furniture show in Calgary, Alberta. Effect of the Canadian economic condition on the sales of furniture; Softwood lumber dispute between Canada and the U.S.; Participants at the show. INSET: Calgary attendee wins truck.
- Upholstery makers moving to spur sales in though climate. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p27
Reports that sales of upholstery are steady despite of a tough economy in Tupelo, Mississippi. Sharp pricing of upholstery; Manufacturers' creation of creative economic antidotes; Consumer behavior.
- SALES. // Furniture/Today;12/2/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p30
Reports on the appointment of sales executives in the furniture industry. Promotion of Ray Hutchison to the post of sales conductor for the Great Britain division of the Daniel Lynch Sales Co.; Appointment of Mark Bates as sales representative for Elite Leather Co.
- Furniture Store Performance Report. // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p18
Reports on the result of a survey examining the store sales performance in the furniture sector in the U.S. in 2002. Percentage of sales for home office furniture; Average delivery time of case goods and upholstery products; Estimates on the gross margins of upholstery.
- RTA makers fight for space. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p30
Reports on the market outlook for ready-to-assemble (RTA) furniture products in the U.S. Impact of the consolidation at retail on the sales performance of RTA furniture; Average price points feasible for RTA; Alterations in the initiatives of RTA manufacturers for market penetration.
- Youth segment proves robust. Kitchen, Jane // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p32
Reports the projected market performance of the youth furniture segment in the U.S. in 2003. Impetus to the increased demand for youth furniture; Impact of economic downturn on the trend in consumer buying; Role of demographic changes in market growth.
- Home theater attracts crowds. // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p34
Reports on the projected market status of home entertainment furniture in the U.S. Influence of home theater innovations on furniture demand; Advantage of the marketing scheme of video electronic manufacturers for the furniture sector; Implications for the design of entertainment furniture.
- Schweiger taps Prochaska. // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p4
Reports on the selection of Barry Prochaska as national sales manager of Schweiger Upholstery in Wisconsin. Career history; Responsibilities of Prochaska.