Fontes Pushes Reform In Bosnia
- Cutting The Ties. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;8/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p45
Discusses the quarrel between wired and wireless telecommunication carriers over interconnection fees, access to phone numbers or access to customers. Remarks from several wireless telecommunication executives about their external and internal accounting practices; Things that even wireless...
- Verizon launches in Georgia, Alabama. // RCR Wireless News;3/31/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p22
Announces the launching by Verizon Wireless of its branded service in Georgia and Alabama.
- Verizon expands Express Network. // RCR Wireless News;8/12/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p5
Reports on the expansion of Verizon Wireless' coverage of Express Network data service into several counties surrounding the greater San Francisco Bay Area in California.
- Re-auction refunds could drive mergers. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the possible effects of the re-auction refunds that will be received by wireless companies. Wireless companies to benefit from the refunds; Speculation on the mergers and acquisitions in the industry; Target market of Verizon Wireless.
- Verizon offers new calling plans. // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the calling plans offered by Verizon Wireless. Aim of the company for offering calling plans; Details of the service plans.
- Verizon expands S.D. coverage. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the digital wireless service launched by Verizon Wireless in the Rapid City, South Dakota. Area covered by the service.
- Cellphone Batteries Face 'Juice' Demand, Study Finds. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p29
Focuses on the cellular telephone battery market in the U.S. as on February 2003. Expected growth of lithium-ion polymer batteries in the year 2006; Forecast of handset battery units and average selling prices by battery technology.
- DÃ©jÃ Vu? Handsets Cause Delays. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;12/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p1
Highlights the hindrances to the goal of Verizon Wireless to offer 1X service to its subscribers in 2002. Progress achieved by the company in third-generation wireless communication services; Information on the inavailability of wireless handsets that will support its 1X service.
- Etc... Kilborn, Robert; Nichols, Judy // Christian Science Monitor;7/7/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 158, p24
Offers several anecdotal news briefs as of July 7, 2000, including giant cactuses which are being constructed in Fountain Hills, a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona, to disguise cellular-phone transmission towers put in by AT&T.