Smartphone Maker Falls In Soft Market
- Indian Cellular Industry: Is there First Mover Advantage? Joseph, Thomas; Prakash, R. Sai // South Asian Journal of Management;Jul-Sep2006, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p31
Ten years since inception, cellular telephone industry in India is still growing at a phenomenal pace. In an industry, that seemed to possess all the right ingredients for first mover advantage--huge upfront investments, heavy advertising and marketing outlays--many pioneers seem to have exited....
- RockitTalk takes dealers on wild ride. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;12/19/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p1
This article reports on the decision of mobile virtual network operator RockitTalk to terminate its cellular telephone service business. Deposits and payments would not be refunded and dealers would be contacted with an amount that RockitTalk felt they were owed. Dealers started to receive...
- Service Provider Fails to Come Through for Verizon Wireless. Ruth, João-Pierre // njbiz;7/30/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p13
The article focuses on the business failure of Amp'd Mobile Inc., a cellular phone service provider. The service provider has decided to shut down its operations. It owes Verizon Wireless more than $30 million in lease fees that it likely cannot pay. Information is presented on the action...
- ESPN Mobile Strikes Out. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;10/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p6
The article reports that Mobile ESPN has discontinued new sales on its sports-oriented cellular service in the U.S. in September 2006. Mobile ESPN finally decided to entirely stop its cell phone services after December 31, 2006 after eight months of sluggish subscriber numbers and questions...
- Layoffs at Teradyne; NeoPoint Closes. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;5/28/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p1
Reports the impact of the decline in the sales and investments on telecommunications equipment companies in San Diego, California. Dismissal of several employees at Teradyne Inc.; Closure of NeoPoint Inc.; Impact on the business sector.
- Verizon launches in Georgia, Alabama. // RCR Wireless News;3/31/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p22
Announces the launching by Verizon Wireless of its branded service in Georgia and Alabama.
- Verizon expands Express Network. // RCR Wireless News;8/12/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p5
Reports on the expansion of Verizon Wireless' coverage of Express Network data service into several counties surrounding the greater San Francisco Bay Area in California.
- Re-auction refunds could drive mergers. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the possible effects of the re-auction refunds that will be received by wireless companies. Wireless companies to benefit from the refunds; Speculation on the mergers and acquisitions in the industry; Target market of Verizon Wireless.
- Verizon offers new calling plans. // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the calling plans offered by Verizon Wireless. Aim of the company for offering calling plans; Details of the service plans.