WorldCom Picks Path Of Tracker
- INVESTORS WILL BE SPOOKED BUT WILL NOT STRAY FAR. Bischoff, Glenn; Weber, Toby // Telephony;7/1/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 26, p9
Reports on the effect of the scandal in WorldCom on investors in telecommunications industry. Companies that were affected by the scandal; Factor that separates telecommunication shares from the rest of the market; Advantages of less money coming into the telecommunication sector.
- EBRI miscalculation. // Pensions & Investments;8/5/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the effect of retirement plan assets on the stock value of WorldCom Inc. in Washington. Estimation of the business losses of the company; Decrease of stock prices; Accounts on the impartiality of the research conducted by the Employee Benefit Research Institute.
- Battered WorldCom should rise from ashes. // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/16/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 16, p8
Focuses on the business losses of WorldCom in the U.S. Factors contributing to the downfall; Company background; Stock price of the company.
- SIDGMORE TAKES FIRST STEP TO IMPROVING WORLDCOM IMAGE. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;6/3/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 22, p24
Reports on the restructuring plan of telecommunications carrier WorldCom in 2002. Auction of the company's wireless business; Plans to eliminate its MCI tracking stock; Efforts of the company to solidify its relationship with its largest customers.
- Cockroach stocks. // In Search of the Perfect Investment;11/4/2015, p1
The article discusses how to invest in cockroach stocks or unfavorable stocks such as WorldCom, Enron and Lehman Bros by shorting them and discusses an investigation on irregularities in carbon dioxide levels (CO2) levels of 80,000 vehicles from automobile company Volkswagen Group.
- Wireless One Equity Holders Are Due a Reprieve. Stuart, Scott // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;06/14/99, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the possibility that MCI WorldCom Corp. have to provide Wireless One Inc. equity holders share after a revised restructuring. Value of the share; Shares of Wireless One; Financial status of Wireless One; Details of the plan; Implications.
- FOCUS LIST UPDATE. // Dow Theory Forecasts;5/7/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 19, p1
Updates on stock gains of chemical and Internet companies in the U.S. as of May 2001. Profits gained by Questar Corp.; Sales of nuclear pharmacy services provider Syncor International Corp.; Net income of Internet provider WorldCom Inc.
- FOLLOW-UP on monitored stocks. // Dow Theory Forecasts;1/21/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p6
Reports a follow-up on monitored stocks in the U.S. Speculation of the possible takeover of Conoco Inc. by TotalFina; Collapse of the earnings of Tyco International Ltd.; Reduction of the debt rating of WorldCom Inc. by Fitch Inc.
- Word on the street. Sivy, Michael; Galarza, Pablo; Scherreik, Susan; Keating, Peter; Frederick, Jim; Laise, Eleanor; LaPlaca, Jaclyn // Money;Sep98, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p30
Analyses various United States companies for potential stock price movement as of August 1998. Telecommunications stocks including Worldcom, acquiring MCI Communications, Qwest Communications and Century Telephone Enterprises; Merrill Lynch analyst Tom Kurlak on Intel's earnings spin; Analysts...