Revamp for de Gruchy
- Sweet smell of success for some. // Cabinet Maker;2/4/2005, Issue 5424, p6
This article reports that Merchant Retail gained 21 points, with strong seasonal figures driving the shares to the top of the six month trading range. Although the bulk of sales and profits are attributed to the Perfume Shop chain, the de Gruchy department store in Jersey resisted the sector...
- De Gruchy for sale. // Housewares;Oct2005, Issue 193, p35
The article discloses that the De Gruchy department store in Jersey in the Channel Islands has been put up for sale following A.S. Watson's acquisition of the store's parent company, Merchant Retail. The store is described by Merchant Retail chief executive Philip Newton as a business of very...
- Revamp prompts sales increase. // Cabinet Maker;11/29/2002, Issue 5315, p4
Reports the increase in the sales of Merchant Retail Group following its relaunch in Great Britain. Cost of the store's refurbishment; Replacement of chairman Reg Heath by Brian O'Callaghan; Promotion of Jeremy Seigal to the position of group marketing director.
- MRG smells more profit in perfume. // Cabinet Maker;7/16/2004, Issue 5397, p6
Reports that department store operator Merchant Retail Group is to close its four mainland stores in Great Britain to concentrate on its fragrance operation, The Perfume Shop.
- Atlas signed to launch Perfume Shop campaign. // Marketing (00253650);11/25/1999, p4
Reports on discount fragrance retailer The Perfume Shop's hiring of Atlas Advertising to create its first advertising campaign. Trial press, poster and postcard campaigns in Glasgow, Scotland; The Perfume Shop owner Merchant Retail Group's expansion plans for the brand into electronic commerce...
- Funding boost for Liverpool icon. Cunningham, Daniel // Estates Gazette;4/24/2010, Issue 1016, p30
The article reports that developers Capital & Counties and Merepark have secured about 37 million British pounds private investment to finance the redevelopment of department store Lewis's in Liverpool, England.
- Going up. Cottam, Nicola // Marketing (00253650);2/7/2007, p24
The article reports on the investment of department stores on their interiors, product ranges and digital offerings to capitalize on their revival in popularity in Great Britain. According to the Verdict Research's report, the reasons for recovery are the investment of store operators in their...
- Jacques Vert in marketing push to prove fashion 'expertise'. Vizard, Sarah // Marketing Week (Online Edition);3/12/2014, p11
The article reports on 11-week All Dressed Up campaign of department store brand Jacques Vert Group to shift the perceptions of the company from department store brand to elegant British brand by proving its expertise in fashion, which will go live on March 31, 2014. Jacques Vert marketing...
- Firm Buys Four Grocery-Anchored Centers. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;12/28/2012, p4
The article reports that Retail Opportunity Investments bought four grocery-based department stores including Cypress West in Cypress, California, Redondo Beach Plaza, and Harbor Place Center in Garden Grove, California.