- MFI to sponsor Furniture Technologies 2000. // Cabinet Maker;11/19/99, Issue 5164, p3
Reports on the MFI sponsorship of the Furniture Technologies 2000 Conference at Keble College in Oxford, England on September 24-27, 1999.
- Stanley 1Q sales down 10.1%. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;4/23/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the 10.1 percent decrease of Stanley Furniture Co. Inc.'s first-quarter sales as well as to its 70 percent decline in net income. This could be attributed to its continuing industry-wide sales fall-off. It has been stressed that lower sales and production levels caused...
- Elvis shaking up sales. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p2
Reports on the increase in sales of Vaughan-Bassett Furniture Co. Inc.'s Elvis Presley furniture collection in the U.S. Furniture promotion during the Elvis Week; Furniture sold by the firm; Advertising campaigns to promote the collection.
- Wickes opens first store of the future. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the store opening of Wickes Furniture in Illinois. Adoption of neoclassical architectural elements; Prediction of sales revenue; Completion of the merchandising changes. INSETS: The new Wickes at a glance;Grand opening draws guests.
- New local furniture manufacturing plant creates 22 jobs, plans to reach 40. Thurston, Lawson D. // Caribbean Business;1/18/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p39
The article reports on the successful business operation of Design Furniture Co. Inc. in Puerto Rico. The company has generated 22 jobs despite of the drastic reduction within the local furniture manufacturing trade in the country. Furthermore, Design Furniture will be investing more than...
- Capital sales up while furniture still discounts. // Cabinet Maker;6/16/2006, Issue 5492, p6
The article reports that sales in the Great Britain furniture industry continue to be driven by discounts in May 2006. According to the London Retail Consortium KPMG Retail Sales Monitor, the overall sales increased to 14 percent compared to the same period in the previous year. Jackson...
- Internet sales. // Cabinet Maker;10/27/2006, Issue 5511, p4
The article reports that Reid Furniture has launched a website that allows products to be viewed and bought through online.www.reidfurniture.co.uk in Great Britain. The site currently displays 25 sofa styles in leather and fabric, as well as giving the option of a bespoke Reid sofa. Users can...
- Sligh launches e-commerce site that refers business to retailers. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;7/31/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p47
The article reports that upscale case goods Sligh Furniture has launched a web site that enables direct-to-consumer sales without cutting out the businesses of the retailers, salespeople or sales representatives. It will use Reshare's Distribution Relationship Management software for online...
- McIntosh gets Brookwood sales post. // Furniture/Today;3/26/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p208
The article reports that U.S.-based upholstery manufacturer and importer Brookwood Furniture is set to open a West Coast distribution center and has hired Don McIntosh to lead the company's Western sales team. Brookwood's new facility in Chicago, Illinois will allow the company to service...