Bed sales climb
- Unique bedding strategy scores for Olum's. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;9/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the success of the marketing strategy of Olum's store for bedding in New York. Strategy of Olum's; Contribution of bedding sales on the income of the store; Factors contributing to Olum's success in bedding. INSET: Olum's at a glance.
- Baroness makes debut for Relyon's At Home. // Cabinet Maker;12/7/2001, Issue 5266, p3
Reports the debut of the Baroness 1,400 spring pocket spring model bed from Relyon in Great Britain. Features of the bed; Debut of the Le Bed bed; Price of Le Bed without the headboard.
- Slumberland plays the blues. // Cabinet Maker;12/7/2001, Issue 5266, p5
Reports the sale of Deep Blue beds from Slumberland in Great Britain. Influence of Swedish parent company Hilding on the design of the beds; Enumeration of the four sets of beds; Combination of gingham checks, plains and stripes in the design.
- JCPenny may add bedding to as many as 500 more stores. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p2
Returns the possibility of a sale of bedding in JCPenny Co. Inc. in furniture stores in the United States. Strategies of advertising of the company; Increase of the productivity and profitability of the company; Application of deliveries via home delivery agents by the company.
- Topnotch. Pulling // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p10
Provides an overview of the market for beds in Great Britain. Factors affecting public perception of beds; Efforts of retailers and manufacturers to market beds; Market trends; Tips for 1999.
- Moving with the times. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2000, Issue 5213, p12
Reports on the growing popularity of adjustable beds among consumers in Great Britain. Factors driving the trend; Increase in adjustables' share of the bed market; Lifestyle issues considered by manufacturers of adjustable beds; Quality lessons for consumers.
- High level sales. Bennewith, Jeremy // Cabinet Maker;08/11/2000, Issue 5200, p12
Discusses the major role that sales staff play in the success of the luxury end of the bed market in Great Britain. Changes in consumers tastes; Importance of giving attention to product layout and choice; Differences in large and small manufacturers' marketing emphasis.
- The importance of brand power. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;05/29/98, Issue 5090, p8
Highlights the 1998 National Bed Federation Conference, which focused on branded performance. Conference presenters; Topics discussed; Presentations on the value of brand management for bed manufacturers and retailers; Industry highlights.
- Exhibitors applaud Bedding Center at High Point market. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;4/23/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p2
The article focuses on the changes in the Bedding Center to realize its potential in the U.S. furniture industry. It is considered to be the brainchild of Merchandise Mart Properties Inc. (MMPI) which will work with the mattress companies. MMPI believes that many buyers who come to High Point...