Hoping for a Renaissance in a Former World's Fair City
- Hotel project could bring Arlington more than hotel, restaurants. GRAHAM, A. LEE // Fort Worth Business Press;1/18/2016, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that Rob Matwick, executive vice president for business operations of the Texas Rangers, has revealed a 200 million U.S. project that aims to boost the entertainment district of Arlington, Texas. Topics covered include The Cordish Companies plans to build a 100,000-square...
- Future looks brights for convention center with goal of 1999. D'Ambrosio, Michele // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/29/98, Issue 322322, p3
Reports on the planned construction of a convention center in Fresno, California. Completion schedule; Business partnership for the convention center.
- Convention center construction, expansion, and renovation update. // Association Management;Oct97, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p75
Presents information on the construction of convention centers and their refurbishment. Information on the square feet of exhibition and theater-style space used by the centers; Details on the number of breakout rooms in each center; Completion date of the centers.
- Top story. Garza, Daniel R. // Caribbean Business;6/12/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p2
Reports that the Puerto Rico Convention Bureau has selected a Chicago-based consulting firm to do pre-design work on the proposed Isla Grande convention center. Cost of construction of the proposed center; What the bureau wants in a facility; Inclusion of a hotel in the design.
- Big hopes riding on big convention center. Yu, Roger // Caribbean Business;7/24/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p24
Presents information on a study on a proposed convention center in Isla Grande. Findings of the study; Objective of the proposed center; Factors favoring Puerto Rico as the location for the center; Advantages of constructing the center; Funding of the proposed center.
- FLORIDA Interest in Beach District. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/26/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33704, p9
The article reports that Miami Beach, Florida has received qualifications from eight teams interested in a public-private partnership with the city for the construction of a 52-acre Miami Beach Convention Center District in Florida.
- $40 million Utah County Convention Center rapidly taking shape; March is 2012 targeted as completion date. Shelton, Ryan // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/19/2010, Vol. 39 Issue 45, Special section p2
The article reports on the scheduled announcement in April 2010 of the winning contract bid for the 40 million-dollar Utah County Convention Center which is expected to be completed in March 2012.
- Hollowcore contributes to first "green" U.S. convention center. // Concrete Products;Jun2003, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p19
Reports that Hollowcore Inc. has completed the construction of the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Features of the structure; Number of hollow core and structural pieces installed by Hollowcore.
- Meeting facilities that foster learning. Finkel, Coleman Lee // Training & Development;Jul97, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p36
Discusses the importance of design in enhancing learning in meeting and convention facilities. Principal objectives; Criteria for judging a facility; Inhibitors of concentration; Color; Lighting; Space; Aromatherapy; Music. INSET: Facility facts..