Citigroup Plays Name Game and Salomon Gets Dropped
- Citigroup puts focus on cost cuts as losses mount. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;12/15/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 238, p1
Focuses on cost cutting plans of Citigroup. Factors that contributed to the company's cost cutting decision; Projected quarterly loss for Salomon Smith Barney; Restructuring charge per share.
- Solly a Casualty in Citigroup Brand Drive. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;5/23/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 99, p5
Reports on the renaming of Salomon Smith Barney into Citigroup Corporate & Investment Bank. Rebranding campaign of the bank; History of the company.
- What Solly Wants With Schroders. Primack, Dan // Private Placement Letter;01/24/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p3
Provides information on the confirmation of Schroders PLC that it has agreed to sell its investment banking business to Citigroup Incorporated. Comments on the move of Schroders to sell its investment banking business; Significance of the acquisition for Salomon Smith Barney; Statement issued...
- 4 Asset Managers Get Downgraded. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;10/30/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 208, p17
Reports that Guy Moszkowski, an analyst from Citigroup Inc.'s Salomon Smith Barney downgraded four asset management companies citing rising share prices. Decline in the expected earnings for the fourth quarter of the year 2002.
- Citi Holds Off on Dropping Salomon Name. // American Banker;12/5/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 232, p20
Reports that the plan by Citigroup Inc. to use Citigroup Corporate & Investment Bank as a brand for the Salomon Smith Barney brokerage and investment bank and the corporate lending unit has been deferred until 2003. The brokerage that deals with individual investors to retain the Smith Barney name.
- Latest departure from Salomon confirms Citibankers' clout. Weidner, David // American Banker;11/12/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 217, p1
Reports on Citigroup's confirmation of the resignation of Steven Black, global head of equities at its Salomon Smith Barney Inc. unit. Evidence of the former Citicorp's power in shaping the company; Reactions to the departure of Black; Impact of Citibank's powerful style on freewheeling Salomon...
- Citigroup Bids Adieu to Salomon Name. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/31/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p3
Focuses on GCIB, the depository for several businesses of Citigroup. Reason for the termination of the Salomon Smith Barney name; History of the Salomon name.
- Citi Must Pay $1.5M to WoldCom Investor. // American Banker;12/24/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 246, p20
Reports that Citigroup Inc. was ordered by the National Association of Securities Dealers to pay Linda Nash more than $1.5 million for mishandling her WorldCom Inc. investment. Finding of the NASD hearing that broker Mark Clayton Callaway and Salomon Smith Barney Inc. were liable for breach of...
- Citibank and SSB local merger fully in place. Ruiz-Calderon, Maricelle // Caribbean Business;11/11/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p10
Reports on financial services company Citigroup's conclusion of the implementation of a pilot program in Puerto Rico to unite subsidiaries Citibank and Salomon Smith Barney (SSB). Training of staff and testing systems to launch another program to maximize relationships with customers; SSB's...