On the Hill, Transportation Officials Ask to Drop Environmental Gauntlet
- YOUR LETTERS. Lewis, Carolyn Bailey; Spicer, Jack // Athens News;6/10/2013, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in the June 10, 2013 issue of the journal related to transportation in Athens, Greece and selection of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), leader in the U.S.
- Report shows transportation's contribution to the environment. // Roads & Bridges;Oct2003, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p12
Presents the findings of the report "Transportation & the Environment: Perspectives in Progress," from the American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA), on the contribution of transportation to the environment. Improvement of the U.S. environment; Decline in motor vehicle...
- Green is good. Williamson, Julie E. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Oct2009, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p56
The article discusses the move of senior care providers in using eco-friendly transportation services in the U.S. According to Ronald Schaefer, executive director of Valle Verde Retirement Community, it is a great place to focus one's attention if a facility looks to be more eco-friendly even...
- Transportation, the Environment, and Shipper Choices. Cutler, John // World Trade: WT100;Aug2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p10
The article focuses on the National Shippers Strategic Transportation Council (NASSTRAC) as it supports reduced emissions, reduced reliance on imported oil and other environmental goals and continues to educate decision makers about the benefits and requirements of supply chain best practices....
- Executive Order 13274â€”Environmental Stewardship and Transportation Infrastructure Project Reviews September 18, 2002. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/23/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 38, p1577
Presents the text of an executive order given by U.S. President George W. Bush on September 18, 2002, which deals with environmental stewardship and transportation infrastructure project reviews.
- Times they are a changin' Yamada, Stefanie Hard // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/1/2005, Issue 323420, p11
This article presents information on the automobile industry and trade in the United States. General Manager Gary Revis of Honda North in Clovis that automakers want to be on the cutting edge of technology. Another push toward creating hybrid vehicles is increasingly stringent fuel efficiency...
- US tells ships to clean up fumes or stay away. // New Scientist;4/4/2009, Vol. 202 Issue 2702, p5
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to place restrictions on shipping emissions near the country's coastline. The agency has announced its intention to designate the U.S. coastal region an emission control area within four years. To approach the U.S.,...
- Gunston Hall reduces pollution. Midkiff, Steve // All Hands;May96, Issue 949, p13
Reports on the environmental protection and hazardous material disposal program on the USS Gunston Hall. Environmental protection and hazardous materials coordinator Lieutenant Mark Murphy; Implementation of hazardous materials inventory and control systems (HICS).
- Win/win on the environmental front. Krupp, Frederic // EPA Journal;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the growing consensus on environmental protection in the United States. Change in attitudes of Americans; Rise of green consumer movement; Advocacy of constructive solutions.